{45} Checkmate

"She wears strength and darkness equally well,
The girl has always been half goddess, half hell."
-Nikita Gill
~~~

Ida was shaking in fear. Celia was a wreck. An absolute wreck. Like a bomb waiting to explode. The French paced up and down the empty classroom while Ida silently watched her, fearing to speak. The dark and murderous look on Celia's face made her shiver coldly.

"That bitch," Celia muttered. "Thinking she can take my crown."

She scoffed, running her fingers through her perfectly golden hair. "She should think twice. I'm going to wish she never came back."

Her icy blue eyes shot over to Ida and Ida's eyes widened like a deer caught in the headlights. Curiously, Celia cocked her head to the side, coming to an abrupt halt, before a lazy smirk crossed her face.

"That where you come in, Ida."

"W-what?" Ida stuttered in fear.

"You're going to be the one to ruin Cassie." Celia slammed her hands onto the desk that Ida was sitting behind and Ida jumped, flinching at the loud sous that echoed throughout the classroom. "And if you don't, I'll ruin you."

"Celia, I-I think that-"

"-That what, Little I?" Celia narrowed her eyes into sharp slits, throwing daggers at her that would've put her six feet under. Yet Ida still mustered the courage to speak up, even if her whole life was on the line.

"You-you're going to far. She'll win either way, and you know it, Celia. Why the fight?"

Maybe Celia didn't reply because she was surprised that Ida actually spoke up or maybe she didn't reply because Ida did speak up and now she's planning her doom. Either way, Ida couldn't tell exactly as Celia wore an expressionless face. A moment of silence went by and Celia still hadn't moved or said a word, which only made Ida stay frozen in her space.

Suddenly, Celia threw her head back laughing and Ida watched her cautiously and carefully. A grin crossed Celia's devilish features and the blonde placed her hand on her hip, cocking it to the side.

"I suppose you're right, Ida. Just like your brother, aren't you? You Ivans are a funny bunch." Celia chuckled, the coldness of her laugh was detectable and it made Ida shiver. "You can leave, blondie."

Ida tried to stop the joy from coming on her face and didn't waste a second as she shot up to her feet and began to leg it to the door. Relief swarm her but it disappeared as quickly as it came because cold fingers wrapped around her wrist and dragged her onto the ground, her body skidding against the marble floor and colliding with the corner of a desk, books collapsing on top of her.

Ida groan, cradling her bruised arm and forced herself to look up at the French who towered over her. Ida whimpered as Celia pressed her stilettos down onto her bruised arm.

"Fucking idiot," Celia cursed. "You think you can be let off so easily? How pathetic?"

Celia chuckled darkly, kneeling down, gripping onto Ida's jaw and lifting her head up to look up at the French. Her lips curled into a scowl and Ida began to cry but she held back her sobs.

"Pathetic." She sneered. "Now you're going to pay."

Before Ida could say anything, Celia sent a blow to her stomach, one after another, not giving the freshman a chance to breathe. Ida's tears ran freely down her face and she tried to scream but her cries were blocking the sound from becoming louder.