{25} Homecoming

"Every time I close my eyes,
it's like a dark paradise."
-Unknown
~~~

THE buzz about homecoming was thick in the air and Cassie couldn't get away from it. All she could hear about was the upcoming game and dance. Of course she was excited, Scott Miller was taking her but the squealing and the annoying chatter about it was starting to get on her nerves.

Currently, it was only an hour until the game begins and she was at Ava's house, waiting for the purple haired girl to hurry downstairs. Lately Ava had been spending more time with Avery than her girls so to make it up after school they hung out, grabbed coffee and went shopping. Just before going to the game, Ava wanted to grab something from her room so they headed back to her house.

"Ava!" Isla shouted, getting frustrated and impatient whilst Cassie leaned against the front door, staring at her perfectly manicured nails that she got done the other day.

"I'm coming!" Ava yelled back and a loud thud was heard from upstairs and Cassie snorted unattractively. Rushing down the stairs with a flushed face, she brushed down her dress before mustering up a smile.

"What were you doing?" Isla asked with a frown. Ava smirked and walked out the house without another word. Isla was still confused as she followed her out and soon Cassie was behind them, closing the front door.

"AVA!"

Ava looked up and found Avery grinning at her, waving her over. Glancing back at her friends, they rolled their eyes and pushed her towards him. She ran onto the field, rushing into his arms, where he held her in a tight embrace, her laughing into his arms at something he said.

Isla and Cassie laughed as they walked up the stairs to find a seat on the metal bleachers. On one side of the field, the bleachers were filled with the rival school while on the other it was filled with the students from Cassie's school. Finally finding a seat not far from the top, the girls settled down as they waited for Ava to come join them.

"Has Scott said anything about you two dating?" Isla asked, thanking the student who came around passing people popcorn and other things.

"No. He's been really chill and acting twice the flirty he usually is." Cassie replied, spying Scott and Lewis walking over to Avery, Ava and the team.

"Why did you say no?"

She looked over at Isla and pinched a popcorn from the bag. "I was scared."

"Of what?"

She gave Isla a deadpan look before glancing over to where Scott was. He caught her eyes and sent her a wink and a smirk. "You've heard the rumours."

"Exactly. Rumours. Meaning they aren't true." When Cassie didn't reply, Isla pressed on. "You can't be scared of the future, Cass. He's willing to love you no matter what."

"Do you know he doesn't believe the rumours, the stories?" Cassie blurted out, catching Isla by surprise. "In someways I am happy that he doesn't. But I scared that he will. How do you know he won't hate me?"

Isla was silent and that was all Cassie needed as an answer. Before Isla could say anything, Lewis and Scott was walking up the stairs, laughing happily. Cassie stood up and walked over to Scott, pretending as if the conversation with Isla didn't exist.

"Hi Scotty," She ignored the scowl he sent her and glanced over to Lewis. "Hi Lewis."

He sent a nod back before heading over to Isla and sitting in the empty seat besides her at the end. Before Cassie could carry on watching, Scott focused her attention on him as he captured her lips like the flirt he was and held her close to his chest. She felt like she couldn't breathe and he was the only source of air as her body went limp under his control. Scott bit her lower lip, drawing it out before pulling away and sending Cassandra a panty-dropping smirk when he took in her swollen lips, his eyes darkening with lust.