{27} Halloween

This chapter is like 3000 words long so be blessed. To be honest, it's one of my favourites.
~~~
"I survived because the fire
inside me burned brighter
than the fire around me."
-Unknown
~~~

"Are you serious?" Ava said exasperated as she gave Avery a frustrated look. Avery shrugged and bit into his burger so Ava glared at him before looking back at Cassie and Scott.

"You have to go!" She demanded and Cassie shrugged carelessly as she snatched one of Scott's chip and he glared at her but she just smiles innocently, batting her eyes.

It was a sight he still hasn't gotten used to and to be honest he didn't want to. It was a blessing to Scott that this beautiful lioness was his. It seemed so surreal that only a couple weeks ago she said yes to being his.

Ava groaned and sent Scott a pleading look. "You're coming, right? You always go."

Cassie was silent besides him but he didn't even hesitate when he replied back. "No, I'm not."

Ava's eyes widened. "Why?!"

He shrugged just like Cassie did. "Because my girlfriend isn't going."

Cassie looked away to hide her blush as shivers crawls up her spine when he called her his girlfriend. Scott didn't fail notice her embarrassment and smirked, embracing her into his arms.

Ava glared at them. "You always go, Scott."

Scott glared back. "That's because I needed a drink or two and she got the best alcohol."

"And also for the fact that you wanted to hook up with the girls there." Ava scoffed. Cassie wasn't even phased and knew Ava was just trying to get on their nerves. It was definitely working on Scott as he clenched his fist.

Cassie felt his body stiffen and so she placed her hand over his clenched fist and sent him a warning look. Too lost in her hazel eyes, he relaxed as the warmth of her hand powered his entire body. Cassie glared at Ava, who just shrugged with a smirk.

"You're so annoying." Cassie gritted. Ava laughed and Avery snorted, smirking down at his purple haired vixen.

"That's why I'm with her. She keeps me on my toes." Avery chuckled, pecking her lips and causing a blush to rise up on her cheek.

"It's also because I'm awesome and every other girl are just thirsty hoes." Ava smiles innocently before giving a sorry look to Cassie. "Obviously not you."

Cassie chuckled. "Obviously."

"But I'm serious, please come." Ava pleaded. "It's only for a night."

Cassie gave Scott a look and he shook his head, eating his chips and avoiding the conversation all together.

"Fine." Cassie answered.

"Yay!" Ava said at the same time Scott yelled. "What?!"

Cassie give him an innocent look. "You didn't care before why you saying something now?"

He glared harshly at her, a triumphant smirk making its way onto her face as she sipped on her ice mocha. He huffed angrily and carried munching on his chips like a child.

CASSIE looked at the outfit that Isla suggested and snorted but she couldn't help it and smirk at the thought of Scott's reaction.