Chapter 11 - Eavesdropping on Chubbs

Im going to start putting a few little past memories into the story so I hope you like it!

Remember to comment your thoughts!

--------------------------------------

It was night. Matt had already transformed, thank goodness. Sweating, he’d got up from his quivering wolf form and had padded out of his back door into his garden. The moon shined in segments, the glow clouded over with grey fluffs. Stars lingered in the sky like sparks of fireworks. It was, again, a nice night. Only a slight breeze ruffled Matt’s fur and made him shiver slightly.

          Shadows were scattered on the greying grass, his little sister’s swing lightly swaying up and down, highlighting the scratches underneath where she had engraved ‘Aimee’ into the plastic. Matt smiled and made his way to it, poking the rope with his nose. He closed his eyes and made himself lost in the memory…

“Matt look!”

“What is it?”

“Come here!”

          Matt, dressed in Hawaii shorts that only just reached his knees, took off his sunglasses and ran his fingers through his hair, smiling up at the baking sunshine. The smell of summer had finally arrived and already his family had dressed as if they were on a Caribbean holiday. He could hear the cheeping of birds passing overhead and his neighbour’s summer music CD blaring from over the wall, but he wasn’t in the mood to complain. Everything was perfect right now. Things couldn't be any more perfect.

His life was exactly how he wanted it to be. It was relaxed and natural and just perfect.

There was no other way to describe it.

“Matt!”

“What?” He murmured and rubbed his eyes, smiling even more as he did so. He loved teasing his sister. She knew he didn’t mean it. He could never be mean to her. He loved her too much and she definitely knew it.

Rolling up into the sitting position, he stretched and moved his shoulders as the sun hit his tanning back. Then he flicked his hair from his face and looked up at his little sister, who was running across the garden, her long silky hair bouncing off her back and waving in the summer breeze like rays of sunshine streaming out of her skin.

          She grabbed his hand and launched him off the sun bed with obvious effort. He pushed off the floor so that it would be easier for her and let her lead him towards the swing, all the while humming the tune travelling over the wall and laughing when Aimee shook her head and rolled her eyes.

“You cant sing at all.”

“It’s not singing its humming.” Matt pushed her arm and pulled a tongue out at her, grinning from ear to ear, watching as she began to pout.

“Singing, humming, same thing. You’re bad at it.”

Matt could hear the smile in his sister’s voice and took advantage of it. “That’s not very nice. I'm a well good singer, me.”

“Shut up, fat head. Come look!”  She tugged on his hand and he responded with quicker steps. They were moving towards the swings, one of Aimee’s favourite places to be during the summer. Half of her teddies lay across the grass, facing the sun with Barbie sunglasses on, accompanied by Aimee’s favourite dolls that sat on the other side of the swing, tangled up in a plastic mess, clothes and accessories littering the floor.