Chapter 26 - Classroom Banter

So I'm suddenly more preoccupied uploading instead of revising. Priorities much. OH WELL

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Matt didn't find Kristen.

He was partly glad but partly furious. He didn't want to hurt her but at the same time he wanted to rip her head off.

His head said one thing but something else kept dragging him in the opposite direction.

He didn't need this mess right now.

His heart felt as if it had snapped.

He'd shown her Aimee's room and she'd lied to him the whole time. He didn't know her at all. 

In fact, he wasn't sure whether he knew anything for certain about Kristen besides the fact that she was a blood sucking leech. He should have known that she was different. 

He was a werewolf for god's sake.

Of course there'd be vampires and fray and god knows what else wandering the earth. He certainly wasn't going to take the chance anymore. He wasn't going to trust anyone.

For the first time in over a year, he locked his door once he'd turned back human. 

Getting up in the morning had been draining. He didn't want to go to college in the fear of bumping into Kristen but at the same time he didn't want to stay at home, driving himself insane over the boredom. 

In the end, he made the choice to get dressed into a tight grey top with dark denim jeans and the leather jacket. He even ignored his coffee shop.

He wanted to be left alone today.

Especially from a dark murderer.

He got to college quicker than he expected and pressed himself into the bench, slamming his bag next to him before pulling out his notepad. He ripped the pencil across the paper without even thinking about it and scribbled in dark shapes. After a moment, he looked down and saw that he'd sketched a vampire girl, snarling. However, he'd only sketched in the shadows so the image played with Matt's eyes the more he stared at it.

He quickly slammed the notepad shut and stromed into the corridor, pushing the door so hard that the glass cracked inside it. Moving his fingers over the window sill, he twitched awkwardly, waiting until he saw that pretty face come through the doorway.

It never happened.

He waited until the bell was about to go before he went to class, his body relaxing. He didn't have to worry about her for now. It was a tightened strain off his shoulders but he was still disappointed. He didn't know what he would have done if she had come in but he was sure that it was for the best, regardless.

He thought wrong.

She sat in her usual seat, just in front of his own, her eyes boring through him as he stepped into the classroom and noticed her. He froze in the middle of the doorway, catching glances, but he couldn't stop staring at her.

1. She'd got in without him even noticing her.

2. Now he couldn't even pin her down and kill her.

There were too many witnesses for him to even mutter a word to her. Slowly, annoyingly, he made his way to his seat, brushing past her as he slammed himself into the chair, receiving glances from the other students with worried expressions plastered on their faces.

He'd been quite mellow since Kristen had started, but now he was back, and they definitely noticed.

He growled under his breath and saw Kristen twitch her head due to the noise. His mouth pulled up in half a grimance as he breathed out another growl, his breath dancing across the back of her shoulders, causing her to shiver.