Chapter 33 - The Cinema Trip

May finish this story in the next chapter or two... I want to start something else before I go back to uni!

Tell me if you want me to carry it on or not but I'm struggling for ideas!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust was a weird thing to feel.

Throughout the next few days, Matt began to trust Kristen more and more. He still hated the fact that he couldn't protect her completely but at least she was pretty much invincible. 

Having a dead girlfriend kind of became an advantage at this stage.

Needing a break, Kristen decided one Friday afternoon that they could go to the cinema together, just the two of them. Matt didn't really know how to take the suggestion but he didn't complain. He enjoyed having the company and he hadn't watched a film in a long time. 

After class, they both went back to Matt's house. Matt had accepted that they were always going to go back to his. Apparently Kristen's house was just for show and she hardly ever spent time in there so there was no point visiting.

She practically moved in with Matt.

She stayed in his bed but there wasn't anything but spooning at night. She was a tease, Matt could hardly deny that. Her bed time outfits were enough to make Matt excited and full of adrenaline. He was good though. He never touched her. 

Well... he skimmed her legs a few times, unable to help himself, but he had been good in his books at least.

He swore that she did it on purpose. 

She'd moved some of her clothes in so that she didn't have to keep taking his clothes, which he was glad of as he didn't really have that many anyway. He really needed to go shopping.

He just couldn't be bothered. 

Getting back to the house was quick and Matt locked himself in the bathroom to get changed. He didn't know if it was a date or not but he was going to dress up quite smart anyway. He put on his dark jeans and a navy blue shirt with a black top underneath. At least if he roasted then he'd be able to strip it off and keep his black top on. He didn't really want to go carrying around a jacket especially if he was naturally toasty.

Moving back into his bedroom after a few minutes, he was glad that he'd changed. Kristen had switched into a dark fitted day dress with lace around the middle to expose her waist and back. Her hair was half tied up, strands flinging across her shoulders and framing her face, and her skin was as flawless as usual, but this time her eyes looked framed in a darker colour and her lips were coloured a pink to create a more lively glow. She wore flats though, which he was glad of. Matt didn't want to bother with a hobbling Kristen.

He eyed her up but only cleared his throat to grab her attention. She smiled in response as she turned around from the mirror to inspect him. "You look good."

"You too."

"Thanks."

Matt ran his fingers through his hair before moving to sit on his bed awkwardly, his fingers twitching. The bare skin of her waist was a temptation in itself. He didn't even want to think about the rest of her. They were going to a public place, for gods sake. 

"Shall we go?" He asked and indicated the door.

Kristen nodded and grabbed a bag which Matt had only just noticed, flinging the chain around her neck and over her right arm. She fluffed up her hair a bit more before walking out of the room without even a glance in Matt's direction.