Chapter 34 - What Next...?

So this will probably be the ending chapter but I might put just one more surprise in.... just incase ;)

Happy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Once the film was finished, Matt had no trouble in pulling Kristen out of her seat, through the doors and out into the streets. It was getting dark but, for the first time in a long time, Matt wasn't worried. 

He knew that he wouldn't hurt Kristen. He knew that there was no point worrying about her when he turned. He'd done it enough times with her by now. She'd learnt to recognise the signs of it starting to happen so she always kept a watchful eye in order to see if she could help.

He still hadn't mastered not switching completely.

It was such a struggle trying to prevent the change occurring, especially on a full moon. His wolf seemed to want to show itself to the whole population at that time of the month, much to Matt's irritation. He'd been able to turn back after about half an hour but it was always painful and knocked him knackered when he faught against it.

Kristen wouldn't give up with him though.

Everytime he failed to stop himself changing, she would force him to change back immediately afterwards. It was hard work but he knew why she was doing it.

She was right, it was getting easier.

It didn't mean that it didn't hurt any less. 

The pain, one change after another, really took it's toll, and usually Matt would collapse on the floor, too tired to even reach up to take Kristen's hand. The whole thing was a constant battle and he didn't know how long he was going to fight for.

At least he had Kristen to help him out.

Once, they got home, Matt shrugged off his shirt before immediately pulling some food out. He'd been shopping a few evenings previously so he now had another full stock of meat. It was lucky that he'd gone shopping when he did because Kristen had refused to let him leave properly in wolf form ever since. He hardly hunted anymore, but that didn't mean that he hardly ate.

He still ate like the pig he was, it was just cooked meat, which, although it didn't satisfy him completely, made him feel a bit more like a human being, which he was starting to finally get the hang of. For that, Matt was thankful.

He felt a presence behind him and twisted to see Kristen watching him, a smug smile on her face. She was playing with the hem of her dress, lifting it slightly, allowing Matt to see more of her thigh.

Damn that stupid vampire and her pretty legs.

He quickly turned away and focussed on the food, not wanted to ruin his meal.

He shouldn't have bothered. After a few minutes, he felt Kristen's hands against his stomach, pressing up against his back with her chest. He scrunched his eyes up, trying to control his heart, but it was difficult to do. Her fingers reached up to cross over his chest as he gripped the counter, waiting, desperately waiting, for the oven bell to go off.

He loved her touch but sometimes it drove him too insane.

"I'll wait upstairs." She whispered and Matt gulped, watching as her nails scratched down his front.

It was absolute heaven.

He couldn't even help but growl at the action. He could already see her smirk before she let go.

Matt refused to turn around. He refused, absolutely refused, to turn around.

Nope.

Not turning.