Chapter 32 - Darkness, Blackness, Silence

Dedicated to MakfireMack! Read her stories, she's a great writer! :D 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's calm.

Blackness, darkness, silence...it's very calming. 

It's like youre there but you're not. 

It was very hard to describe.

It was hard to put an emotion to it either.

It wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't comfortable.

It wasn't nice but at the same time it wasn't horrible.

It was just there...

Darkness, blackness, silence.

If anything, it was lonely.

Lonliness was always going to be a problem.

I mean, who never feels lonely at some point in their life?

Answer: No one.

Everyone has felt lonely at some point, even if they've been crowded around by a load of people.

It was something no one was new to.

Loneliness was loneliness...nothing could change that.

Sitting in the dark was lonely. Matt couldn't hear or feel anything but he knew that he was there...somewhere. He didn't even feel as if he had a body anymore. Everything was such a haze. He couldn't even process what had been the last thing he'd thought about.

He knew he wasn't alone. He could almost feel something but it was so distant that he wasn't sure. 

Slowly, he could feel himself coming back. He could feel slight pulses, slight twitches, gentle pushes, which were probing into his brain. Funnily enough, he didnt feel tired. He just felt angry.

He was angry at himself for feeling so weak.

Angry because he hadn't been able to control anything.

Angry because he'd literally just given up immediately.

It hadn't been like him at all.

He began to flood back into his body like someone was pouring him into a mould. The feelings came back like a wave. He was being filled to the brim. 

Then the pain came.

It was small at first but it just got worse and worse as he began to fill out his deadened body. It started from the middle of his chest and spanned out to just below his collar bone and just above his stomach. It was a small area but he sure as hell could feel it.

He wanted to scream but he didn't have the ability to do that yet.

He just felt like a zombie.

It took what felt like hours before Matt was able to force himself completely back into himself so that he could open his eyes. His fingers twitched as a reflex as his eyes shot open. He quickly felt hands pin him down and his eyes darted startled to the culprit.

Kristen.

Matt breathed out then winced as his chest ached. Instead of lying in a hospital bed, like he'd been expecting, he was lying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Frowning, he stared at Kristen, waiting for her to speak.

He knew she would eventually.

"Hey, how do you feel?" She asked softly.

Matt gave her a look and she quickly dropped the soft talk.