Spiteful and Sweet Goodbyes

Date: 2-21-17

Chapter 24: Spiteful and Sweet Goodbyes

Lena and Jerica are exhausted by the time they get back to the house to meet up with Adrian and Monique, who are sitting in the backyard.

Lucas pulls his key from his pocket, unlocking the door and pulling it wide so that Mason can walk through.

"Come on in." Lucas tells Adrian and Monique. They stand up and walk inside, trailing behind Jerica and Lena.

Lucas, Jerica, and Lena had decided that Mason would carry Ivie to the house. Mason enters and puts her on the couch.

"Careful." Lena mutters nervously. There's already something wrong with Ivie, so Lena doesn't want someone dropping her on her head and making it worse.

"I know." Mason answers automatically.

Lena is surprised until she remembers that Mason has super hearing, just like Lucas. Because they're both werewolves. It's a lot to take in if you really think about it.

"How did you know where our house is?" Lucas asks when everyone settles in the living room. Ivie is laying on the couch and Mason's sitting in the armchair, so everyone else is standing around the room.

Lena and Jerica are leaning against the wall near Lucas. Adrian and Monique are leaning on the opposite wall. Monique's eyes are darting around curiously.

"I saw you exit this house when I was on my run earlier." Adrian replies nonchalantly.

Lucas nods once because it sounds reasonable. Lucas was kind of expecting Adrian to say something about his keen wolf senses. Speaking of... Lucas needs to ask about Adrian being an Alpha.

Lucas is about to ask Adrian when he sees Lena staring at Ivie with an unreadable expression. Lucas knows she's worried about her sister, so Lucas puts off what he wants to say in order to figure out what to do with Ivie.

"So what should we do with Ivie?" Lucas asks, looking to Adrian since he must be experienced with supernatural to be a supernatural hunter.

"We wait until tomorrow night to talk to her bad side." Adrian says with completely seriousness.

"Is that it? That's all you've got?" Lena asks angrily. "I guess you're not all knowing like you pretend to be." Lena grumbles.

Lena's insult only makes Adrian smile. "I may not know about Ivie, but I do know something you're dying to know." Adrian practically brags. Lucas can tell that Adrian loves attention and is used to getting it.

"I'm just gonna go in the kitchen now." Monique says, obviously not wanting to get in between things again.

"I'll go make you something." Mason says as he walks off with Monique into the kitchen. Mason doesn't want in on the fighting either.

"And what's that?" Lucas jumps in, curious as to what Adrian's hinting at.

"I know that Jerica and Lena are both supernatural." Adrian says proudly. Jerica slowly starts to grin while Lena sits there in shock. If Adrian is telling the truth, then does that mean Lena will become like Ivie?

Lena snaps out of her shock to realize that Adrian is probably lying. She should make sure he's right before jumping to conclusions.

"We're supernatural? Are you sure?" Lena asks to confirm what Adrian said.

"Of course I'm sure!" Adrian says with an air of superiority. "I knew from the moment that I smelled you two." Adrian admits happily.

"And if you didn't already notice," Adrian points at Ivie, "She's supernatural too."