It Doesn't Come Naturally

Date: 2-25-17

Chapter 33: It Doesn't Come Naturally

After John dropped Jerica off at her house, John went back home to tell his sisters what he found out about the newest supernaturals in town.

"Lucas and Mason are werewolves?" Alisa exclaims, horrified by those words.

John nods once and sees Evie attempting to hide her grin. Evie always thinks it's funny when Amiss freaks out.

John sends Evie a "cut it out" glare and turns to Alisa.

"Relax sis. They're newborns and don't know very much. They're trying to hide it." John says with an eye roll.

"Sorry that being comfortable with werewolves doesn't come naturally." Alisa says in her quiet but determined voice. "It's not like you're an expert." Alisa adds.

John's only met a handful of werewolves in his life, and all of them were intolerably arrogant and prideful.

"How have they managed to hide it this long, all by themselves?" Evie asks suspiciously. She always knows the right questions to ask.

"That's the thing, they're not alone. Some girl named Monique is helping them. And a guy, but I didn't get his name." John says, disappointed in himself.

Evie sighs in exasperation. She wants more info. "But I do know that his name starts with an A and Jerica called him Sexy Guy."

Alisa is awfully quiet, as usual. But Evie scoffs. "Yeah, because it'll be so hard to find him in the town where we know everyone."

John scowls at Evie's presumption that this will be easy. But he still decides to tell them more.

"There's more, Evie. I think I know where they're living." John tells Evie with a smile. Alisa is just standing off in the background.

"Where?" Evie asks excitedly. She always likes a good fight, and John's pretty sure that she thinks she's gonna get one. John isn't sure yet.

John steps over to the window and pulls the curtain aside. John points to a house across the street. "There."

Evie shoves John away to take a look. "When was that house even for sale?" Evie asks in confusion.

John rolls his eyes at his sister. Evie never notices anything around her unless it interests or benefits her.

"It's been for sale for months. It was sold about a week ago." John explains like it should have been obvious, because it is.

Evie lets the curtain fall back and retorts, "Well sorry for not being as smart as you." Evie says it mockingly.

John rolls his eyes at Evie, ignoring her dramatics. John knows that Evie won't stay like this for long. Evie is a naturally enthusiastic and fun person, although she gets a bit sassy.

"We need to figure out what's going on with Lucas and Mason." John says, determined to find out what's going on with his best friends.

"Are you aiming for helping or...?" Evie says and motions a line across her neck. The universal sign for death.

"We're gonna hunt them?" Alisa practically squeaks in terror.

"No!" John says quickly. "We need more information on how the transformation is going. Then we help." John tells Alisa and Evie, even though he's not sure of it. If Lucas and Mason go wild, then what?

No, John decides he can't go hurting Lucas or Mason just because they're changing. He has to accept that and help out. John is their best friend, after all.