Only For Family

Date: 3-14-17

Chapter 49: Only For Family

The next day, Adrian comes over to check on Ivie.

"Why are you here? Need me or my sister for some master plan again?" Ivie says cruelly.

"No, I just came to make sure you're okay. I know you've been having weird dreams." Adrian explains as he leans on his heels, standing right before the door frame.

"Right." Ivie rolls her eyes, not daring to believe that Adrian actually cares about anything.

Adrian curls his fingers into fists out of sight by his sides to keep down his anger. Adrian wonders if Ivie will ever trust him.

Then Adrian releases all the pent up tension by sighing and grinning at Ivie like she just made a funny joke.

"So, are you feeling okay?" Adrian asks when Ivie keeps glaring at him.

"Yes." She says while crossing her arms defensively.

Adrian knows Ivie doesn't trust him, but it still hurts that she thinks he would be lying about it. Then again, Adrian also knows that he's not the most trustworthy person.

Adrian is staring at Ivie, not realizing that she's starting to fidget nervously. Ivie shifts from her weight from foot to foot.

"I'm fine. You can go now." Ivie says harshly to break the silence.

Adrian blinks in surprise but masks it quickly. "Sure. See you later." Then Adrian turns to walk down the sidewalk.

Ivie feels a pang of guilt for turning Adrian away so rudely. But he's just a typical stuck up rich boy, right? At least, that's what Ivie tells herself as she shuts the door.

~*~

"That was a complete shutdown." Monique comments as she follows Adrian down the sidewalk.

Adrian was so focused on reviewing what he said to Ivie to see if he offended her that he didn't notice Monique was waiting for him.

"Yeah. Yeah." Adrian remarks a bit snottily.

"You do know why that happened, right?" Monique says, ignoring Adrian's remark.

Adrian smirks over at his sister before answering. "Because she thinks I'm an a-"

"If you were about to cuss, then stop right there." Monique says fiercely.

Adrian shrugs. "She thinks I'm like any other sterotypical guy, I guess."

"No, that happened because you shouldn't be trying to gain the affection of any girl. We don't need distractions." Monique scolds.

"Like how you've been ignoring Mason." Adrian teases Monique while he walks next to her leisurely.

"Or is that just because he's a stupid love struck teenage boy?" Adrian adds wittily.

Monique looks away in embarrassment. "I just don't have time for anything like that." Monique hates when people think she's another typical snotty girl.

"Uh, huh." Adrian mutters loudly enough for Monique to hear.

Adrian stumbles suddenly when Monique shoves him. "Bush club!" She yells and sure enough, Adrian falls into a bush.

"Seriously? Could you be any more childish?" Adrian snarls out as he picks himself up and brushes off the leaves attached to his clothes.

Monique shrugs and smiles brightly. "I could have stuck out my tongue too." Monique isn't ashamed of being childish. She hardly ever lets anyone see the childish part of herself because it's locked away deep inside.