Here For You

Date: 3-15-17

Chapter 50: Here For You

The night starts the same as the others. Lucas, Mason, Adrian, and Monique go after vine girl. Lena and Jerica try to help but are sent back home before they see any action.

But this time, Adrian manages to do something no one could do before...

"Why don't you shift into a wolf to fight her?" Mason asks Adrian as they search for vine girl.

"I prefer hand to hand combat. And I'd rather not hurt her." Adrian explains.just

Mason's question causes Lucas to think of the one time he had seen a wolf in real life. The night he and Mason were attacked.

Lucas chances a glance at Adrian as they hurry along. Could it have been him that turned them? Has Adrian been lying this whole time? Lucas doesn't know what to think anymore.

"Adrian, you said you're hunting the werewolf that turned us. Who is he?" Lucas asks, suddenly needing to have answers.

"His name is Matthew Ellington. Just another rogue werewolf that needs to be put down." Adrian responds calmly.

"You're going to kill him?" Mason asks incredulously. Mason doesn't like unnecessary violence.

Adrian scoffs at that. "No, I just incapacitate him. Then let the Cloud World Council take care of him."

Adrian continues with an eyeroll. "Don't worry. They'll probably lock him away."

"Cloud World Council?" Lucas questions.

"The rulers of the supernatural. They're the ones who give Adrian his assignments." Monique explains.

"Why is it called that? The Cloud World Council." Lucas replies in confusion.

"Because the Council is in a supernatural dimension located in the sky. The Cloud World." Monique says with a smile.

"I know, the name isn't creative. I didn't make it up." Monique adds.

"That's weird. Why haven't I heard of this before?" Lucas narrows his eyes at Adrian.

"Because you're a newbie. They don't suddenly announce themselves. They'll call you when they're ready." Adrian says with a smirk.

"Oh, do they have my number?" Lucas asks in an uncharacteristicly sarcastic way.

Adrian only rolls his eyes dramatically. "Nooo." He drags out the word.

"They will portal you there when they're ready to talk. They're very secretive and vague, so dont expect them to help you with anything." Adrian says seriously.

"I see her." Monique announces quietly.

Adrian snaps to attention, catching sight of vine girl and taking off after her.

Since Adrian is faster than all of them he arrives first. Adrian grabs vine girl's arm to stop her.

"Ivie." Adrian says in a low voice.

Vine girl giggles and replies, "You know that's not my name. You should give up Adrian."

"Ivie!" Adrian growls in her ear. Adrian knows Ivie's in there. He can feel it.

Vine girl blinks and pulls herself away from Adrian in confusion.

"Why do you keep trying? You're heart is cold, so why do you care so much?" Vine girl demands to know.

Adrian flinches back in shock at vine girl's words. Adrian stands frozen, staring at her. So she thinks he's coldhearted. She thinks he's awful. "It seems like Ivie might be slightly in control." Adrian thinks sarcastically to himself.