Relationship Status

AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Date: 3-5-17

Today I got to hang out with my baby nephew who's almost a year old! I haven't seen him in awhile and he's crawling around. So cute!

Well, I better get on to the story.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!

Thanks to all of my amazing readers! 🙂

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 40: Relationship Status

Lena wakes up feeling perfectly rested for the first time in awhile. Every day has been exhausting since all the supernatural stuff started happening.

Lena tiptoes upstairs and pauses at Ivie's bedroom door up in the attic.

Lena listens at the door closely but doesn't hear anything. So Lena opens the door just a crack to see if Ivie is in there.

Ivie is laying sound alseep in her bed with the covers kicked away. Lena can see patches of dirt on her PJ's. Lena wonders why she couldn't have a normal sister.

~*~

Lucas wakes up earlier than he has been. It's only a little past 10 am when Lucas realizes something. It's the third week of summer, which means Lucas is passed the time he's supposed to get a job.

So now on top of everything else going on, Lucas has to get a job.

~*~

Right before noon, Lucas grabs his keys and heads to his car. Lucas doesn't have the best car, but it's nice and works all the time.

Lucas gets to Lena's house on time and rings the doorbell.

Lena answers the door, smiling when she sees Lucas. Lena is wearing a light blue sundress with black flats. Lena's always wearing some shade of blue, and it looks great on her, matching her big blue eyes.

"Ready to go?" Lucas managed to say through the awestruck moment he was having.

"Yes." Lena says surely.

"You look beautiful." Lucas says as he takes Lena's hand and they walk together to his car.

"Thank you." Lena replied with only a hint of a blush. Lucas loves how Lena isn't your average girly girl.

Lucas takes Lena to a small but nice restaurant in the next town over, only around 15 minutes away. They chat about Jerica on the way over. Lena thinks Jerica has mostly forgiven her for the fight they had the other day.

Lucas is dreading the awkwardness that he's about 50% sure will be present the date, but it never happens.

Lucas asks Lena about her favorite things and she returns the questions. There's nothing awkward between them at all, which makes Lucas feel more relaxed than he has in months.

Lucas is completely at ease when they get in the car after lunch, and Lucas realizes he doesn't want the date to end.

"Would you like to go to the park that's around here?" Lucas asks, remembering there's a nice park with a pond in this town.

"I haven't been there in awhile." Lucas adds, hoping to convince Lena. But he has nothing to worry about.

"Sure. I'd love to." Lena smiles as Lucas glances at her quickly while driving.

"Eyes on the road!" Lena demands, though Lucas can hear a slight teasing in her voice. Lena is enjoying this too.

Lucas keeps his eyes on the road for the rest of the ride, making sure to be extra careful while driving.