Don't Let Others Do You A Solid

Date: 2-24-17

Chapter 30: Don't Let Others Do You a Solid

"Yes! You owe me." Adrian says triumphantly.

"What do you want?" Lucas sighs the question.

"That is the question, isn't it?" Lucas gives Adrian an exasperated look.

"Fine. And just so you know, this will benefit you too." Adrian says and Lucas makes the go on gesture.

"Someone's watching us. You, me, and Monique. If Mason ever left the house, then probably him too." Adrian adds with criticism as an afterthought.

"Who is it?" Lucas asks immediately, suddenly wondering if Adrian would ask him to kill the person.

Adrian answers Lucas' question with a question if his own. "Do you know the people living in the houses across from me?"

Lucas knows, but he can't tell Adrian. Lucas will not be endangering his best friend, John. Monique mentioned that Adrian's killed his enemies. If John is an enemy of Adrian's, Lucas has to protect John. Even though John has been catching on to what's going on...

"No." Lucas lies to Adrian. Suddenly Lucas is thrown into a tree at the edge of the woods, and before he can catch his breath and get up, Adrian is there, pinning Lucas to the tree.

Adrian's eyes are burning a fiery red and his fangs are out. He must be really angry, since Lucas has never seen Adrian's fangs before.

"Don't lie to me!" Adrian roars at Lucas, causing him to flinch back, although there's nowhere to go.

"I saw the look in your eyes. You know who's doing this." Lucas is vaguely surprised that Adrian's speech is normal through his fangs. But Lucas forces himself to concentrate on Adrian's words.

Adrian's fangs recede back into normal teeth, but his eyes remain red. Adrian digs his fingers into Lucas' shirt and shakes him, slamming Lucas back into the tree. Lucas notices that Adrian's claws aren't out, which means he's holding back.

That thought makes Lucas slightly less terrified. "I said I don't know!" Lucas responds. He can't sell out John.

"And I don't believe you. Your heart doesn't agree." Adrian hisses through his clenched teeth.

"Why are you protecting them? It's someone close to you, isn't it?" Adrian questions Lucas with his eyes narrowed, not letting Lucas go.

Lucas' eyes are glowing gold now with the need to protect himself and John.

"That's what I thought." Adrian says as he notices Lucas' eyes. Adrian removes his hands where they'd been clenching Lucas' shirt and he takes a step back. Adrian's eyes turn back to their cold blue.

Lucas tries to calm his rapidly beating heart, knowing Adrian can hear it. Why did Adrian let him go? Did Adrian give up?

"I wonder if I should pay Lena's house a visit. Mind telling me where that is?" Adrian asks casually, but with a devilish gleam in his eyes.

Lucas knows the secret message beneath Adrian's words. Adrian is asking if it's Lena that Lucas is trying to protect.

"No. It's not Lena. Leave her alone." Lucas glances quickly at the house when he hears someone coming.

Adrian grins from ear to ear when Lena comes into the backyard looking worried.

Lucas wipes the terrified look from his face so Lena doesn't see. Although inside, he is absolutely terrified for Lena. Will Adrian go after her because Lucas is protecting John?