CHAPTER TEN

I let out a puff of string words as Damien pulls me into the corner of a downtown street. 

That was chaotic, and I am never going to a cafe NOR ANYWHERE OUTSIDE, AGAIN!

"Remind me not to go anywhere out with you again," I comment as I sit down on the floor.

Damien lets out a chuckle before sitting down beside me, "Noted."

Oh please don't let him stay-

"If you're thinking I'm just going to leave you, think again," Damien smirks at me literally answering my prayer.

great.

Damien drapes an arm around my neck grinning at me, "Plus, we're bestfriends!" He exclaims and I wince at how loud he's talking and how apparently we're "bestfriends".

I DO NOT want to be best friends with Damien Pierce. If I even tell the whole world I'm just "bestfriends", most likely they won't believe me as everyone's who's just bestfriends with Damien turns out to be something more than that.

And I don't want to be MORE than friends with Damien!

NEITHER DO I WANNA BE FRIENDS WITH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

"Yeesh, why is your face so red?" Damien's about to reach and touch my face but I slap his hand away.

"Don't touch me!" I snap before standing up and brushing the dirt off my jeans, "I'm going back to work," I inform Damien.

"Hold on, you can't just go 'back to work' without a car," Damien says.

I roll my eyes before beginning to walk, "Yes I can."

"Uh, no you can't! You're going the wrong way!" Damien shouts behind me.

I freeze before turning to face him, "I knew that" I say quickly before walking past him as he laughs. I hear him walk behind me following where I was going which was a disappointment because I really just wanted to be alone. 

"Could you seriously stop following me?! It's getting quite annoying," I glare at Damien and shrugs with a sheepish smile.

"Hey, we are heading the same direction," I clench my jaw before turning back around. 

Damien was pissing me off to my limits now. If he and Erin didn't decide that we needed some alone time I would've still been at work probably eating the delicious chocolate croissant that is on the cafe menu.

BUT NOOOO, I am stuck here walking in the windy weather with Damien walking behind me constantly whistling and making tunes which were making my mood downgrade even more. But he wouldn't just stop because I asked him to. Because he's a stubborn piece of-

All of a sudden, Damien stops whistling.

Which was quite weird because I never asked him to.

I turn over to see if he was okay and he's just staring at me with a slight smile, "You were getting pissed."

"I-I wasn't..."

"Mhm. Your neck was getting red," Damien chuckles before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Why were you even staring at me in the first place?" I question him and he licks his lips for staring at the sky.

"Nice shade of sky, eh?"

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. It really wasn't. It was just a blank grey as it was getting windy and colder. Luckily I decided to go with my own request and not Erin's and wear a cardigan. I would've been a popsicle stick if I hadn't.