CHAPTER ELEVEN

I am now sitting cross-legged on my bed at my workplace as I face Erin who is stuffing popcorn into her mouth. We are currently having a girls night at Pierce's Building to see how it'd feel like.  And right now I was telling Erin my theory of Alec.

"I think...He likes me," I conclude my long speech to Erin.

Her eyes widen as she throws the popcorn at my face, "Why do you always have to be the hot one!?" 

I raise an eyebrow at her, "Uh always?"

Erin shakes her head and smiles at me awkwardly, "Nevermind."

I chuckle shrugging it off as I had kept so MAJOR secrets from her as well, "Alright then. But what should I do?!?!"

"Tell him you don't like him," Erin shrugs casually. I stare at her blankly as she chews on the sour worm in her mouth.

"You are really dumb," I say before slightly pushing her.

"What why??" She pouts at me and shoves me off the bed which didn't end well as I didn't move a bit.

"I can't just tell him that! What if I'm wrong?!" I exclaim and she sits in silence.

"Right," She gives me a lopsided grin finally realising what she said wrong in her statement.

"Right. So now could you think of a better solution?" I ask her before stuffing popcorn in my mouth.

"For once, yes!" Erin says excitedly, "Maybe you just wait to see if there are more signs of him liking you and if it goes too far like him kissing you, then you tell him you don't like him," Erin explains and I nod my head slowly comprehending what she said.

"Wow..that was actually really smart.."

Erin flicks her hair behind her shoulders smiling, "I know! For once I actually said something that made sense!" Erin claps her hand proudly, "I deserve an extra sour worm."

I narrow my eyes viscously at her.

Erin and I both had a strange addiction to those sour gummy snakes thingies. We had decided to each take one at the same time and if it was an odd number, we'd half the last snake. But if she took one, she would get more than me. And that was definitely not happening!

"No way!" I snatch the packet and she pouts, "We're supposed to each get an even proportion. And you eating one more than me isn't going to be so even."

"You do realise we're arguing over a sour worm?" Erin rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

"A very important sour worm actually. Which is why.." I grab one and pop it in my mouth while Erin watches me with widened eyes.

"ISLA!" She shouts and I throw my head back in laughter before getting up and racing right out the door with Erin hot on my heels.

I race down the lonely corridor in the darkness not knowing where I'm going, tripping multiple times in the process. I see lightness coming from the corner so I turn to the left before hitting a brick wall which makes me fall.

"Oh shit!" I rub my head as I groan in pain. I feel a shadow over my figure and I slowly look up to see the brick wall, "Damien?" I sigh, "Like this couldn't get any worse."

"You mean better?" He chuckles and pulls out a hand to help me up. I scowl before standing up myself, "I guess not.."

I smile sarcastically at him before turning back around to see if Erin was there. She wasn't which I was grateful for which mean she didn't know what way I went. When I turn back to face Damien I realise his hair is damp which meant he just took a shower and his shorts were hanging dangerously low on his hips.