Chapter 5

I rushed towards my class, oblivious to my surroundings. Today was a monday and I was late. This was a first cause as i am never late but somehow I overslept. I ran towards my class, bumping into people, the word sorry out of my mouth before pushing them. I can hear their angry protest but there is not much i can do right now.
"Can I come in?" I asked, breathless.
"Your late" states Miss Jean, I remember how very keen she is about being punctual.
"Yes, im sorry my bicycle broke down." I said hoping she would let me in.
"Okay come in but this is the last time."
I sighed with relief and walked in the class. Taking a deep breath to calm myself down I looked around to find an empty seat as I looked I noticed everyone's eyes on me, each one of them containing an amused expression, some even giggling as they looked at me. My eyes catched Carter and I saw him smiling, while all of his friends laughed silently.
I walked towards the empty desk in the second row and sat down. Quickly I looked down at my clothes and shoes to see if there was something wrong. Then raised my hands to check my hair making sure everything was okay. Nothing seemed wrong but I could feel my cheeks heating up, I have never recieved this much attention in my life before, people don't really know me and neither do I talk to a lot of them but to realise that everyone was laughing at me, I felt beyond embarassed.
I took out my notebook from my bag and sat in silence, staring at the clock the whole time.

The bell rang and I hurriedly packed my bag and ran out. Looking around I tried to find Ally or Mason or any one of my friends, so I can ask them what was wrong.
Outside the class it was worse, everyone was looking at me, pointing at me, laughing at me and i had no idea why. Panic start to kick in as I could feel my eyes burning up.
"Hey Eva thanks for the invite" said a boy passing me by.
"Eva I will try to come" said Katy one of Haley's sidekick.
I ran out the school building and looked towards the parking lot. I took a deep breath after spotting Ally, Mason and all of my friends, standing together in a group.
"Hey guys im so glad I found you, something is terribly wrong, everyone in school is laughing at me and I don't know why" I said in one breath, then looked at them.
Their expressions made me worried, they all looked at me with a serious look.
"What's wrong" I ask looking at them. None of them replied, some of them lowered their eyes so they could'nt hold my stare.
"Why is everyone laughing at me" I ask, my voice a whisper.
I look at Ally as her eyes looked worriedly at me.
"Ally why is everyone laughing at me" my voice now barely audible.
She reached for her bag and took out a white card, then streched her hand towards me. I took the card from her hand knowing full well what it was.
"Eva, this was in everyones locker in the morning" she said lightly.
I stared at my mom's wedding card, her name engraved on it in silver with another man. When I first saw it I wondered what my mom and dad's wedding card would have looked like.
I look up and across from me saw Carter, Haley, Drake and the rest, looking at me and laughing.
I turned around to go back home.

I lay on my bed in my room, Ally laying next to me. I had cried as much as i could before she came.
She came an hour ago and still we have'nt said a word. She was giving me time and space, I knew she would not be breaking the silence unless I did.
"He came here yesterday, Carter, for the project. I let him in and took him to my room, I was there the whole time, I don't know how he found the card and took it."
"Im going to kill him, don't worry" she said looking at me.
"No Ally how did he find it? The card. Why didn't I see him? Did I went blind?"
"Maybe you were too engrossed looking at him that you became unknown to your surroundings"
"Ally James, I am not interested neither do I like that lame excuse of a human" I said looking at her sternly.
"Then of course when you looked away, he took it. But lets forget about it."
"Forget about it? Everyone knows about it Ally, everyone might show up at my mom's wedding, I am the new joke of this school hungry of jokes."
"Eva people will talk about it for a day ? A week? A month? Thats it. They will most probably move on to the next joke by tomorrow."
"I can never show my face in public again" I say hiding my face under the pillow.
"What are you going to do? Stay in your room your whole entire life?"
"Maybe"
"AHHHHH don't be silly" she said grabbing my pillow and throwing it away. I sit up next to her with a sad look.
We stay silent for a while, staring outside my window at the sun setting. I remember when we used to watch this as a family.
"Eva what are you wishing for now?" Asked Ally suddenly. I don't ask her why she is asking me this question.
"I wish I could be strong" she breaks her stare from the outside world and looks at me.
"I mean if I had been strong I would have kicked Carter's ass today, if I had been strong no one would have laughed at me, heck if I had been strong this never would have happened."
I stared out the window again.
"Its just, no matter what happens I stay quite, scared of creating a scene, of what might happen if I say something, do something. In an act to not make things worse, I make myself feel worse."
Ally nodded then said with a laugh.
"Thats why you have me."
She turned towards me and looked me straight in the eye.
"Eva what do you think about Mason"
"What do you mean what I think about Mason?" I ask confused.
"Do you think he is good?"
"Ally of course he's good, thats why he's my fri- OH MY GOD YOU LIKE MASON" I almost screamed
"Eva shhhhh-" she said looking anxious.
"What has this world come to" I sigh and giggle when she says:
"Your thinking it wrong, its not like that"
"Yea right" I say looking at her. uncomfortable form. This was a first, seeing Ally James like this.
The door to my room swings open and the twins walk in just as Ally was about to say something.
"Get out" I say as Ally turns towards them.
"Well if it isn't my favourite two boys in the world" she says looking at them.
"Ally I think its time you choose between us" says Daniel.
"Why? You feel like breaking your heart." Replies Alex.
"God I love your brothers so damn much I'd literally marry both of them." Says Ally as me and the twins laugh.

I walk towards the living room where my dad is sitting on the couch, watching the tv.
"Hey dad do you need anything?"
"No sweetie"
"Okay im going to bed" I say about to leave.
"Eva wait, can you tell me why you skipped all of your classes today"
I stand still, like a thief would if caught by the police.
"I.....a.....I was not feeling well"
"You have never done this before"
"I know dad my head hurt so I came back" I reply a little annoyed.
"Okay, okay no need to get angry, I'm just saying if there is anything wrong you know you can talk to me."
"Yes I know dad" I say walking towards him with a smile.
"Did you take a medicine?"
"Yes I did"
I sit down next to him on the couch.
"There is somwthing I need to ask you" he says after a moment.
"What is it?"
"Um.....there is this women I met today at the restaurant and talked to her for awhile, and so i kinda asked her out.....so.....I....."
"Its fine dad you can go out on a date" I reply with a giggle. "Whats her name?"
"A....Jennifer......Really? Are you fine by it?"
"Yes, its about time you find someone, now im going to sleep" I say getting up to leave.
"Dont you think its unfair?" Came dad's voice as I reach the door.
"You allow me to move on but not your mother."
I look at him for a moment, why doesn't he feel angry about mom leaving him?
"If it wasn't for her, there would be no moving on."

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN READING MY STORY AND VOTING ON IT MEANS SO MUCH TO. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS ONE DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE. LOVE.