Chapter 31

I was sitting at the park, the twins playing at a distance. I yawned looking at a pink flower next to me.

I don't get these kids, its freezing cold outside and they want to play. I checked the time again, fifteen more minutes and we're going back home.

I roamed my eyes around the park and at a distance saw a figure approaching.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Drake walking towards me.

"My siblings like to play in the park" I said, moving my hand in the twins direction.

He followed my hand, watching the kids play a little distance away. I watched him as he sat down next to me, still looking at the kids.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just roaming around" he replied shortly.

We sat there in silence for a little while, I checked the time again. It was wierd sitting here with Drake. I don't think I have ever seen him this quite before he is always talking, laughing.

"Hey, I've been wanting to say something to you" he said turning towards me now.

I nodded telling him to proceed. What does he want to talk about?

"I'm sorry for making fun of you and your mom, I shouldn't have" he said not meeting my eyes.

"Its fine" I replied.

To be honest it really was fine, I don't think about that time anymore. Drake and Carter were jerks and they always have been, but atleast they have stopped it. And besides I fell for Carter knowing what he did to me so it would be unfair if I didn't forgave Drake.

He looked up at me and I smiled, I guess he is making sure that I mean it, forgiving him.

"Did you talk to Ally?" I asked carefully.

He shaked his head no.

"She can be stupid sometimes thats just how she is but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about you."

"Eva she is never going to like someone the way she likes Mason" he replied admitting in to his feelings.

"She is still heartbroken, give her a little time. She will come to you and stay" 

He nodded and then sighed.

"You should talk to Carter you know, everytime you don't pick up his call he gets worried and they're is already alot on his plate right now." He said looking at me.

I looked away, not wanting to talk about Carter, especially with Drake.

"I don't think me and Carter should talk to each other, I mean there is nothing between" I said.

"If that's what you want to believe" replied Drake.

I sneaked a look at Drake. Does he know about me confessing my feelings to Carter? Of course he does, Carter tells him everything.

"Eva don't give up on him, he cares about you, he really does. Just try to understand him" he said looking at me.

"Its so hard to understand him" I replied softly.

"Its not you just need to try"

I turned my head and saw the twins running towards us.

"I am tired, lets go home" said Alex standing in front of me.

"Can you carry me back?" Asked Daniel.

"No way, you use your legs" I said standing up.

They took the water bottle from me and drank it. I turned towards Drake waved my hand to say goodbye.