Chapter 14

I didn't know what to say, what to do, seeing Carter on the floor like this, whimpering from the pain, covered in blood I had lost my ability to do anything. He tried to sit up but failed and collapsed back down. I was still frozen on the spot.

"Oh my God" I said finally, my hand reaching up to cover my mouth.

As Carter tried again to sit up and fell right back down, I finally found some energy to move. I rushed towards him and sat down next to him. I didn't know what to do, how to deal with this.

"Carter" I said slowly.

He was covered im sweat, his hair sticking to his forehead.

I took hold of his arm and his eyes shifted to me.

"I'm going to try and make you sit up, on the bed okay"

He stared at me for a moment and then nodded. I slung his arm over my shoulder and tried yo drag him up, he grunted a little trying to keep his voice low but I could see how much pain he was in.

He slowly and steadily sat on the bed breathing heavily. I sat down next to him.

"Carter we need to take you to the hospital" I said.

"No, don't even think about it" He replied shaking his head.

"What are you crazy? You need a doctor"

"Eva I'll be fine, just let me stay here for the night please"

I looked at him bewildered, was he out of his mind? Before I could say something else, the bell rang downstairs. Carter sit up a little straight and became alert.

"Who's that" He asked.

"I don't know probably dad's friends they sometimes come late at night" I replied trying to calm him down.

"EVA" came my fathers voice from down the stairs.

Carter suddenly grasped my hands.

"Don't go, please don't leave"

"EVA sweetie its for you are you up?" Said my father again.

"YES IM COMING" I shouted back.

"He might come upstairs" I said to Carter "don't worry I won't let anyone come in here"

He nodded and I stood up to leave, before I could walk any far Carter took hold of my hand again.

"Eva don't let him in" he said.

I didn't know who this 'him' was and neither didn't I ask him. I just nodded and left.

As I reached the front door and opened it I was surprised to see Kaiden standing in front of it.

"Hey Kaiden what are you doing here?" I asked not opening the door wide.

"Nothing, I was just feeling down and happened to pass by here so thought I'll make a stop" He said looking at me intently.

Before I could reply he stepped a little forward.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Kaiden im sorry but you can't, my dad he has a policy no boys this late, even Mason isn't allowed" I said.

"Right right, ofcourse he's right" He said stepping back.

"Im sorry"

"No, no worries, just make sure you don't let any boy in this late at night" he said staring at me.

I nodded at him, something felt off about Kaiden right now. I hope he was okay but I couldn't help him right now.

"Well I'll get going then see you tomorrow" I said.