Chapter 38

*Ally James*

I heard the beep of Drake's car from outside. Grabbing my school bag I walked downstairs and out the house. I am so mad at him.

Moving towards the car I opened the passenger side door and looked at him. He was wearing a grey hoodie with light green shirt, he's not good at fashion. But anyways he looked gorgeous.

"What the hell?" I said.

"I'm not in the mood Ally" he replied not looking at me.

"We were suppose to go to out yesterday and you didn't show up and YOU didn't even pick up my calls or replied back let alone messaging me before hand that you won't be coming AND you're not even apologizing right now. " I said glaring at him.

"I have been up all night for two days, searching with that idiot Carter for Eva, knowing full well we're not going to find her. I have zero sleep, zero food in my stomach and zero energy to fight with you right now. So please get in the car so we can go to school" he said looking directly at me.

"Go. To. Hell" I said and slammed the door shut.

Sometimes my temper gets the best of me. I have my excuse. My best friend is still missing.

.....................................

I was walking past a vacant class when I saw Carter sitting inside it alone. He had his eyes closed while his foot was moving constantly.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. Hearing the sound he opened his eyes and looked at me. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Can I request you something?" I asked sweetly as he closed his eyes back and nodded.

"Can you please stop driving my boyfriend crazy"

"He's my best friend, I can do what ever the hell I wanna do with him" he replied.

"And he's my boyfriend" I replied looking at him wide eyed.

"Ally leave me alone" he said opening his eyes and looking at me.

"Ahhhh" I huffed throwing my arms up.

Taking in a deep breath I turned back to him.

"Carter this isn't going to help. I get it, your upset about Eva, we all are but you should leave it to the police to find her cause you won't be able to" I said.

"I am going to find her" he said glaring at me and then turned his gaze away.

"Carter you need to live your life"

He froze for a second and then turned to face me completely.

"Live my life? Are you giving up on Eva Ally?"

"No that's not-"

"You think she's never coming back, you all think that"

"I did not say that-"

"And you ALL can't wait to move on with your life"

"Its not like that-"

"Do you not for a second think where she is? How she has been for more than a week now? Did they do something with her?" His voice cracking now.

"STOP. OKAY JUST STOP" I said as my body started trembling.

"If she was here instead of you she wouldn't have lived her life" he said finally.

I looked at him angrily. Who does he think he is saying there is no one out there worried for Eva except him?

"Oh so you care about Eva more than anyone else? The guy who walked away when she told him she loved him? Let me tell you one thing Carter, all the other people in Eva's life said 'I love you too' back to her instead of you" I said and got up to leave.