Chapter 47

I was sitting in the living room watching television with the twins when the front door bell rang.

"I'll get it" said Alex standing up and running out.

After a few minutes he came back with dad.

"How are my ducklings doing?" He said as Daniel jumped on him.

He picked Millie up in his arms after hugging Daniel. I stood up and walked towards him. He looked at me and smiled before embracing me in a big warm hug, the kind only fathers can give.

He sat on the couch the three kids surrounding him, telling him all the stories they have memorized just for him. I sat next to him, taking in my little family.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me as the kids got busy in the television again.

"I'm feeling a lot better, I think I can start going to school soon" I replied.

"That's really great-"

"Dad when are you taking us back home?" I cut in.

He paused for a second and then looked away.

"Eva this is your home too"

"No dad this is not my home, it does not have my room or the same view outside-"

"Eva I think its better you staying here with your mom, you need someone to take care of you all the time and I can't with my job" he said.

"But dad, I'm okay now, there is nothing wrong with me, I can take care of myself" I huffed.

He leaned forward and kissed me on my head.

"Just wait a little longer okay?"

.......................................

I was in my room when the door burst open and Mason walked in.

"I have brought you last two days lectures and homework" he announced as he jumped on the bed.

"Thankyou Mason, I wouldn't know what I would do without you" I said.

"You'd probably fail" he replied sitting next to me.

"I really would"

In the next one hour, he taught me everything that was taught in the school in the past two days and we did our homework together. I am so thankful to Mason for doing this, he comes after every one day to help me with my studies so I don't fall behind. And in the process of doing homework together I have got my friend back.

"How is Nina? I haven't seen her in awhile"

"She's fine. I guess" he replied his eyes focuses on the math sum he was doing.

I stared at him, waiting for him to explain what 'I guess' means but he didn't say anything else, he didn't even look up.

"What does I guess means?" I gave voice to my thoughts.

He closed his eyes and sighed, then looked up at me.

"I guess means I don't know cause I also haven't talked to her in a week."

I was surprised to hear this. Mason and Nina always seemed so happy.

"What do you mean? Did you two had a fight?"

"No, not really. She just seemed a lot distant lately and when I asked her about it she started arguing and that was it. She didn't try to contact me after that."

"Really? Wow." I said.

"I don't know what's up with her Eva, she's great, she really is but she's so controlling. I sometimes feel she only cares about herself, its always me who runs after her, is worried about her but I've never seen her do the same.