Chapter 30

"I like you Carter"

I closed my eyes as I said that, not wanting to see Carter's face. I cannot believe I said that. Did I really just told Carter that I have feelings for him?

For a moment there was a relief in me. That I finally told the truth, finally admitted my feelings in front of Carter. But that relief was soon gone, replaced with regret.

Why am I so stupid? Why can't I just control my feelings? I thought I was going to forget about Carter but I am standing here in front of him telling him how I feel about him.

There was still silence surrounding us, he didn't say a single word in response of my huge confession. I would open my eyes to look at him, to see if he was still here but the embarrasement didn't let me.

A few more tears slid down my face as I waited. Waited for him to say something, anything. But there was still quite in my room.

"I think I should leave" he said finally.

I heard the scuffling, my door opening  and then closing. My eyes were still closed, not ready to face this world. What have I done? How will I face Carter now, everytime I would see him or he sees him we will be reminded of this moment. What if after knowing the truth he will never talk to me again, won't want to see me again.

Maybe its for the right. I need to let him go, forget him cause my feelings for him are not going to help me in anyway. I need to get rid of Carter and the feelings he give me.

I opened my eyes slowly, wiping away the tears. My eyes not adjusted to this new light of the world.

...............................

"I am so done with boys" said Ally as she took a sip of her coffee.

It was growing beyond cold here. I didn't want to leave the house because of the cold. The wind went all the way in, rattling my body.

We were at the cafe, I was on the counter today, taking order. Ally sat in front of me.

"Tell me about it" I replied, cleaning the counter.

"I cannot believe Mason told Nina about it, he told me that he wouldn't, that we will forget about it like it never happened and then he went and told Nina about it." She said, her anger raising with every word.

"He didn't even honour our friendship" she said softly now, staring at the coffee.

"Ally maybe you shouldn't have brought Drake with you, if you had a problem with Nina going we could have just stayed home, Mason would have realised his mistake and everything would be okay" I said trying to make her understand.

"I know Eva, I just thought that if Mason saw Drake it would piss him of and-"

"And he will start to have feelings for you?" I completed looking into her eyes.

She lowered her gaze as if ashamed.

"That's not how it works and you know you have to go to Drake and apologise to him about that day, he must have been very happy when you invited her"

"I want to go to him and apologize but after how he left us all alone in that creepy parking lot I am not seeing his face ever again" she replied stubbornly.

I took in a deep breath hoping she would understand. I honestly think Drake would be good for Ally, better than Mason.

"Ally I think you should start taking Drake seriously. He is actually not a bad guy, he took a bullet for us remember?" I said leaning a little forward.