Chapter 22

I had just woken up from my slumber and made my way to the bathroom. Today was Monday but I skipped school. After coming back from the party my headache turned into fever and didn't break till Sunday afternoon. My dad suggested I take the day off to feel better, he also suggested I take a break from parties.

I held on to the sink and closed my eyes as a sharp pain came in my head and went away, due to weakness. I washed my face to get rid of the drowsiness. After being fresh I went downstairs to cook myself something. At the end I just opted for cereal and milk.

I sat on the counter and while eating checked my phone. There were recent message from Ally asking where I was and she was going to kill me if I left her alone in school. There was one from Mason too asking the same thing.

I sighed and closed the phone instead of replying them. I was busy eating when I heard the door bell. Standing up I walked over and open the door to see Carter standing in front of me.

He looked.......good. he was wearing a lighy green shirt with brown jeans, his hair were perfect scattered. I suddenly became consious, standing in front of him still in my PJ's and carrying a bed head.

"Hey" I said creasing down my shirt.

He nodded looking at me carefully. His expression were of worry when I opened the door but now he seemed relieved looking at me. Why was he looking at me like that?

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Oh..I" He started coming out of his daze.

"You weren't in school today so I came to check if.....the project, Miss Jean said we did a good job so I came to tell you that"

He closed his eyes after saying that as if irritated with himself.

"That's great! We worked hard, I think we'll get-"

"Are you okay? I mean you don't look so good" He said cutting in.

"Oh I just had a fever but I'm okay now" I replied, taken aback by his sudden question.

He looked at me again carefully, was he worried about me? Did he come to check if he was okay? and then the scene of him hitting Kaiden came into my mind. Punch after punch after punch. I felt a shiver run down by body and he caught that.

"You know I have some free time so we could go for a coffee or something?" He asked hopefully.

"Um...I don't feel like going out"

"It's....it's fine, I can stay here with you for a little while" He said stepping a little forward.

I didn't mean to but I flinched away from him. He froze in his spot after seeing that, his eyes changing emotions so fast that I couldn't catch them.

"I can't, I'm sorry, my dad....." I trailed of.

To be honest it had nothing to do with my dad, I just didn't want to be alone with Carter. I have never felt scared of Carter and neither was I now, its just the more I think about it I realize that there is so much more to Carter than I know, than anyone knows and I'm not sure if I want to a part of it.

All through high school I have seen Carter beat people with Drake, there is nothing new or surprising in that. But that friday night, at the party, for the first time I saw Carter as someone dangerous.

He stepped back looking....sad? His eyes held mine amd I had the urge to open the door and let him in but no matter how attractive dangerous ia dangerous. In a moment he face was blank again.

"Goodbye" he said and turned around walking towards his car.

Something heavy settled inside me as I watched him walk away.