Chapter 51

The movie finished after two hours, I liked the movie even though its hard to focus when Carter's around. We walked out of the cinema, hand in hand.

"I need to use the washroom" said Carter suddenly stopping.

"Go, I'll wait in the car" I replied with a laugh.

He nodded and handed me the car keys. I watched him go back and then walked towards his car. The sky was dark now, completely. Stars shining as people moved about underneath them. Some were going back home and some came just now to catch a show.

I reached the car and was about to put the key inside when I felt a presence behind me.

I looked up and saw Abel. He was wearing a black hoodie that was covering half of his face, there was a little stubble on his face and I wouldn't have recognized him if I hadn't spend weeks with him.

Involuntarily I stepped back, surprise and panic taking hold of me. I saw his white shirt underneath his hoodie covered in blood. I looked at his face carefully and saw bruises, his left eye sore. His jeans covered in dirt, he looked horrible.

I took another step back looking around me to see are there enough people to come help me if I scream, if he tries to do something.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he said in a low voice, it seemed like he needed water.

"Wha....what are you doing here?" I gathered the courage and asked.

"I need your help" he replied as he took a step towards me.

"Don't move" I said and took another step back.

I wanted to keep my distance, I can't trust him. What if he did something to me? He was still working for those people, what if he has come to kidnap me again?

My eyes moved to the Cinema enterance, hoping Carter would come out.

"Eva I am not here to hurt you believe me. I need help, please."

I looked back over at him, he looked pained as if he was trying to be brave. To hold on a little while longer before he collapse.

"What is it?" I asked hoping he didn't notice the fear in my voice.

"I need to know where Kaiden is"

"What!?" I looked at him shocked.

I didn't expect him to ask about Kaiden, I wonder what he wants from him.

"Eva I don't have much time, please tell me where Kaiden is" he said again, his eyes pleading.

"I...I don't know, he hasn't been to school and I haven't seen him for awhile. His phone is going off too" I replied.

Abel closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"Address, give me his address" he said hurriedly.

"Abel but why? What do you-"

"Eva, I don't have time, my life is at stake right now, just give me the address"

I didn't want to give him Kaiden's addresss. What if he went there and did something? What if he did something to Kaiden? But I didn't wanted him here any longer, I didn't wanted him near me. Even though he didn't do anything to me before, he was an alive remainder of all the bad memories.

I gave him the address amd he memorised it. I could see the hope in his eyes raising as he repeated my every words.

"Thankyou, just one more favor. Do not tell Carter about this" he said.

"What!?"

"I don't have time but Eva, please I beg you not to tell Carter about this. You owe to me since I helped you get rescue."

"Thankyou Eva"

I was still comprehending what he said but he was gone, I saw him stagering down the parking towards the road. His leg must have been hurt.

I could hear my heart beating as I opened the door of the car and got in, shaken up by what just happened right now.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I shrieked, my eyes turned to the driver seat window and saw Carter standing outside. I closed ny eyes and took a deeo breath before leaning forward abd opening the door for him.

"Hey you alright?" He asked as he settled in.

"Yea, I'm....I'm fine. Just got scared of your sudden knock"

"Are you sure Eva? All the color is drained from your face" he said his attention solely on me.

"I'm fine Carter, lets go back" I said with a weak attempt to smile.

He didn't seem convinced but nodded. Taking the keys from me he started the car as I tried to calm down my fast heartbeat.

.............................

I was laying in my bed, as the moon shone outside. It was one in the morning but I couldn't sleep, thoughts of what happened today bothering me.

I sighed and turned to my side, staring at the wall. What happened to Abel? Why was he in such a bad state?  Did they found out about him helping Carter? Did they hurt him or worse tried to kill him?

And why did he wanted to see Kaiden? I remember when I asked him about Kaiden, he didn't seem to like him at all, in fact I could feel his hate and anger towards Kaiden from across the room. He didn't want to talk about him, then why did he want to see him now? Even thought I didn't know their story, how they knew each other, it still surprised me he was asking about Kaiden.

A fear crept its way to my thoughts. What if he wanted to hurt Kaiden? What if it was one of his missions, to do something to Kaiden? I tossed again, staring at the ceiling now. Carter had told me that Kaiden was in deep trouble and it wasn't easy for him to get out. What if Abel was one of his troubles?

I felt anger take over me now. How can I be so stupid to give him Kaiden's  address, what if he does something to him? It would be me who would be responsible. I was scared of what Abel might do to me and paniced. But that excuse isn't enough for me to just give Kaiden's whereabouts away. I should have stalled him till Carter came out.

And wht didn't Abel wanted me to tell Carter about this? Moreover why didn't I tell Carter about it? I should have told him. Why am I always making the wrong choices.

But the way Abel looked me, the fear and exhaustion in his eyes made me do it. He looked like an injured animal    who needed help.

I closed my eyes and focused on going to sleep. There were to many questions and no answer. I didn't need to stress over this, I will call Kaiden tomorrow or if he doesn't pick up I'll go visit him to make sure he's fine. And I'll tell Carter about this tomorrow too.

Everything will be fine.

................................

I know I know its a short chapter but a really important one. I hope you all enjoy it.
My exams have started again and so the updates will be a little slower. But don't worry I will keep on updating. This love is my escape.
Do tell me what you think about this chapter and what you think ia going to happen next.
Also I added a song I really like these days for you all as a treat to listen to while you read. Even though I don't understand the language I think its beautiful.
COMMENT AND VOTE.