Chapter 11

We were seated on the dining table, Kaiden sitting right in front of me, his father by his side. Mom sat next to Henry at the foot of the table while Daniel and Alex sat on either side of me. Millie sat near mom in her baby seat.
I tried to avoid Kaiden as much as possible, I just wanted to go home now, this was all too much. I was meeting my mom's fiance for the first time, my soon to be stepdad and now to top that I also met his son. I shouldn't have come here, I should have known mom would do something like this. She had tried so many times to make me agree to meet him but i refused. I never wanted to see him. This man whom my mother claims she love, like she used to love my father, this man whom she's going to marry, just like she married my father. I often wonder how is it possible to unlove a person, does love really goes away? Isn't it against the whole definition of love?
Suddenly i felt angry at my mother for playing this game so i could meet Henry. And not only Henry but also his son.
I wonder what does Kaiden think about this whole situation. Is he okay with his dad marrying another women? And what happened to his real mother?
"Eva" said my mom reaching over to shake me a little.
I came back from my thoughts and glanced her way.
"Yea?"
"I said this is Kaiden, Henry's son, he's about your age and has just shifted here. He'll be going to your school so J was thinking maybe you could help him out" said my mother smiling and for some reason that angered me more.
"He's not a kid and neither is he the first person to go to a new school, he'll figure it out himself eventually. Besides i have my own responsibilities and no time."
"Of course your right, you have your own work and kaiden will get used to this new school eventually its not something anyone can help him with." Said Henry as my mom's face showed her disappointed on my answer.
I didn't reply and shifted my eyes to Kaiden. He was already looking at me and we stared at each other for a few more moments before I turned my gaze back to my food.
After dinner everyone went back to the living room as I went out on the front porch to get some fresh air. Today has been hectic and difficult, first Carter then this whole family drama. I just wanted to go home now.
"So that's why you tried to run over me with your bicycle? Because your mom is marrying my father?" Said Kaiden from behind me.
He came forward and stood next to me, I didn't spare him a glance.
"I didn't know and even if I did I wouldn't have bothered"
"Yea your mom told me, today is the first time your meeting us" He said facing me.
"What are you and my mom buddies now?" I said bitterly.
"No, but we do get along"
I turned to look at him,not sure how to handle this person.
"So are you okay with it? your dad marrying my mom?" I said as naturally as i could.
"Yea, I mean everyone deserves happiness right?" He replied with a loaf sided grin.
"Of course" i said turning away from him.
I waited for a minute to ask my next question.
"And your mom?"
"My mom died when I was six, it was a car accident" He replied with calmness.
"Oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean to..."
"Its fine"
"See this is why he's okay with his dad marrying another women" I said to myself.
I have a father so how could I be okay with this like Kaiden is?
"Why are you not okay with this?" Asked Kaiden.
I turned around to leave knowing exactly where this conversation is going. But then stopped remembering something.
"Tomorrow at school we don't know each other" I said.
"Sure thing" He said with a light laugh.
"It was nice meeting you Eva Evans"

I parked my bicycle in the stands and looked around the parking lot, trying to find and friends and Carter's car, although I don't know why I was trying to find Carter and his car. After making sure no one was there I walked towards the building. All around me there were boys and girls, doing the most typical things a highschooler could do. Some girls were huddled in one corner, gossiping about something or someone, while some boys stood together in the middle of the hallway creating a racket. There were some mixed groups here and there and some couples scattered around.
As i reached my locker I heard Ally's screeching voice calling my name.
"Oh God it feels like I haven't seen you in forever" she said hugging me, more like strangling me.
"That's because you were busy this weekend" I replied trying to breath.
"Oh yea, i was busy with my huge family." She said finally releasing me.
Ally's aunts and uncles came this weekend to have a family get together, which i always think is something nice. My mom doesn't have any siblings and my father has an older brother who lives far away from us, so its been long since we last saw them.
As I saw Ally I realized there was so much I need to tell her, about meeting Jennifer and Henry and Kaiden, also Carter and the night of the storm, the story I bet she'll enjoy listening to the most.
KAIDEN!!! I now remembered Kaiden and looked around to see if he was here but instead spotted Carter and his gang. He was listening to Haley as she talked to him about something, he seemed bored.Suddenly his eyes flickered towards me and I felt my face heat up, I was caught staring at him twice now. I shifted my eyes away quickly, feeling Carter's still on me.
"So what did you do this weekend" asked Ally oblivious of what was happening.
Before I could reply her rest of our friends made way towards us and everyone got busy talking to each other. As I was listening to one of Claud's jokes when i heard my name being called from behind.
I turned around and saw Kaiden standing behind me. He had his hair back perfectly and his backpack slung over his shoulder. You can say he looked cool.
"Hey" He said again standing next to me.
"Hi" I replied slowly.
It took me a moment to realise that all of my friends have stopped talking and are staring towards me and Kaiden.
"Um.....this is Kaiden, we met yesterday by accident" I said.
"Oh so your new here?" Asked Mason.
Kaiden nodded his way and then looked at me. I wanted to kill him, I could see by his mock expression that he was doing this on purpose just to irritate me. Why is my life so hard?
"Well, welcome to our school Kaiden and you are most allowed to sit with us" Said Ally sweetly.
I mentally facepalmed myself. I didn't even want to see Kaiden today and now he's going to hang with my friends. MY FRIENDS. I have literally lost count on how many times I have wanted to kill Ally.
The bell rang, thankfully and I rushed towards my first class. English.
Entering the class I saw Carter already sitting with Drake next to him, he was looking at me. I rushed towards my usual seat and sat down. Taking out my things from my bag I didn't realise someone sitting next to me.
"You don't mind right?" Said Kaiden with a smile.
"I thought we agreed on ignoring each other" I said gritting my teeth.
"I don't ingore my family" He said with a smirk.
"I am not your family"
"Well soon to be family"
Before I could say anything Miss Jean came. I tried to avoid Kaiden as much as I could during the class and quickly got up to leave when the bell rang, so Kaiden couldn't chase me.
After rushing out of the class and down the hallway, I slowed down a bit. Kaiden in the same school and class as mine is going to be a problem.
As I climbed up the empty stairs to go to the library, I heard my name being called, but it wasn't Kaiden calling me it was Carter.
"Hey" He said reaching me on the stairs.
"Hi" I replied a little out of breath from the running.
"Where you going? You seemed in a hurry" He said looking around and then directly at me.
"I was going to the library, have some incomplete homework"
He nodded at my words and then looked around again.
"Listen if your embarassed talking to me you don't have to, I get it your thankful for letting you stay that night now we can go back to ignoring each other" I said getting a little angry at him.
"I'm not embarassed talking to you" He said, his full attention on me now.
"I was just looking out for someone"
I wanted to ask him who? Then thought better of it. Its probably Haley  he was looking out for so she doesn't see him talking to me. I got more angry thinking about it.
"Anyways, um......the project.....what do I have to do?" He asked.
"So your really going to do it?" I said, surprised.
"Yea, I lost the paper you gave me before with my work on it"
"Just a second" I said and opened my bag's zip, rumbling through it to find the notebook on which i had first listed the work Carter had to do.
"So.....who was that guy you were talking to earlier?"
"Which guy" I said flipping through the pages of my notebook to find the righg one.
"The one you were sitting with in the class"
I stopped at the page I was looking for and looked up at Carter.
"Why"
"Just wondering, I mean I haven't seen him around before" He said fidgting a little.
"He doesn't seem right to me"
I tore the paper and handed it to Carter. He was still looking at me waiting for my answer.
"He's no one"
I don't want to be associated with Kaiden in anyway, if someone finds out that Kaiden is going to be stepfather things would be bad. I would be a joke again and it will be worse than the previous time. There was no way I was telling Carter about Kaiden.
Carter took the paper from my hand, not satisfied with my answer but didn't say anything.
"Okay whatever is written there is what you have to do once you finish it email me, I have written my email on the page."
"I mean it Eva-" said Carter leaning in closer to me, not listening to a word I have said before.
"He doesn't seem right, stay away from him"
He held my gaze for a second and then with one swift move turned around and left.
What the hell was that!?

HII HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING? I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND DO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE NEW CHARACTER KAIDEN HUH? HUH? HUH? IM GOING TO GIVE A LITTLE SPOILER OR TREAT ABOUT THE NEXT CHAPTER.
THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER NEW CHARACTER WOOP!!WOOP!! THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT MEANS ALOT YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.
HAVE A NICE DAY.