Chapter 40

This chapter is for playful killer. The biggest shipper of Carter and Eva I have ever seen.

...............................

All I saw was black. It surrounded me from everywhere, making me feel like I am nothing. Am I nothing? I tried to move and then realised I couldn't feel my body, I can't even see it. Where am I? What happened?

Then I heard a voice.

"Hey buddy"

I know this voice, I've heard it before. Who is it?

"Its good to see you"

Dad?

I felt someone grab my hand softly and instantly knew it was my father, I remember his touch from the very first time he held me.

His hands were shaking a little. I tried to move or scream or do anything so he could know I can hear him. That I was here but nothing came out of me.

"I missed you"

I want to see his face.

I try to remember what happened? Where am I? And how did I got here?

"You know I need your help, everything would be a mess without you, is a mess without you" he said, his voice cracking.

And then it all came back to me. Being kidnapped, drugs, Abel, getting shot by Rick. I don't remember where I was hit, I only remember Abel saying Carter was here.

"I don't know how to braid Millie's hair and you know how bad I am at english, I can't help the twins with their homework and I don't know Millie's favourite tv shows, she throws a fit if she doesn't see them. And I don't know twins favourite snacks, I don't even know my favourite snacks that's what you were suppose to remember-"

He was crying now, I could feel his tears falling on my hand as he kissed it softly.

"I need you back Eva"

..............................

I can hear someone talking at a distance, who is it? I try to concertrate on the voice, to find out who it is.

"Who do you think you are huh? First disappearing like that and now that your finally back you won't even open your eyes and look at me."

Ally! She was pacing, I can hear the scrambling of her feet. Her anger visible in her voice.

"You can't be like this Eva, okay? You have to wake up, there are so many people here who want to see you awake and healthy, who want to talk to you"

I felt her sit next to me as the bed dipped down due to her weight.

"Don't you think about me? How hard it is for me to spend even a minute without you? Your being selfish, you can't be selfish Eva that's not something you do"

She was crying, her voice breaking, pain lacing her every single word.

"Do you even know how I spend these two weeks? Locked in my room because I didn't wanted to go to school without you or shopping or anything, I can't do anything without you it has been like this for years why are you trying to change it now?"

"I miss you so much, please open your eyes, please come back to me, to us"

I felt her grab both of my arms, shaking me.

"You don't want to come back for me fine! But think about your family, your dad Eva, he is not okay and your mom, she's losing it, the twins don't laugh anymore and....and.....and me?"