Chapter 15

I was standing in front of Carter William's house. The green grass and expensive paint surrounded me. Why was I standing in front of his house? Because I was genuinely worried. It has been four days now and he hasn't come to school neither has he showed up at the cafe. I had started to wonder if he was even alive? And I was starting to get scared, for him. Anyone who was in my place would do the same right?

I stepped forward and took a deep breath. The last time I was here it didn't go quite well. I rang the door bell and waited. Why was I so nervous about coming here and more importantly about seeing him?
I groaned and rang the bell again, the door opened immediately after the second bell, but it wasn't Carter who opened the door, it was Caroline.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked looking at me displeased.

She looked a little flustered like having a heated discussion.

It took me time to register that she was standing in front of me, that she was inside Carter's house, with Carter.

"Um...is Carter home?" I asked after I realising she was waiting for my answer.

"What do you want from him?" She said getting a little angry now.

"The project, I wanted to talk to him about a project we both are working on" I said quickly.

"Caroline who is it-" came Carter's voice as he opened the door wider and came into my view.

He looked better, a lot better than the night he came to my house. The bruises on his face had turned purplish blue but he still looked good. I couldn't see the ones on his body but I knew they would have gotten better too.

Suddenly I felt extremely stupid for coming here. I wanted to smack my head in a wall for being this dumb. Of course he had taken some holidays to get better anyone with a condition like him would do the same. They wouldn't exactly come to school to study.

It was his fault too, he should have informed m somehow, told me that he was safe and okay. But why would he? It wasn't like we were friends, he was badly hurt and my house would have been the nearest one so he came. He just needed a place to stay, nothing more than that.

It was my fault, I just wanted to see him. Of course it was my fault.
"Eva" said Carter looking at me, he looked surprised to see me.

"Hey, I.....um....I just came to talk about the project, the deadline is getting close so-"

"God Carter the excuses girls give to come to your house to see you amazes me" huffed Caroline looking at him.

Carter looked at her for second and then turned his gaze towards me.

"Eva im busy, I don't have time right now, we'll talk about the project later, okay?"

His tone wasn't as mean as it use to be but I still felt so disappointed and hurt. I came here to see him, I was worried about him but he couldn't even take five minutes out to just talk to me. I shouldn't have come and I shouldn't have expected anything. I mean this is Carter William we are talking about.

"Right, okay, bye" I said and turned around to leave.

"You won't believe what happened an hour ago" said Ally as I opened my front door.

"What?"

"Mason he....he asked me out" she squeaked happily.

"WHAT" I said looking at her with wide eyes.

"Well not really ask me out on a date he just said we'll spend the day together, just him and me."

"Okay how about you get inside, we'll go to my room and talk about it" I said stepping aside to give him way.