Chapter Twenty Two

Warning 

The chapter contains a small amount of mature content

"Alex?" I heard Ares call from behind me. Please tell me I'm just imaging this. Nope, I can hear his footsteps as he comes closer.  I turn towards him backing away quickly not wanting to do anything I'm gonna regret. It would have been a great idea to lock the doors when I came into this room. Way to go Alex.

"Ares I kinda want to be alone right now," I said trying my best to sound serious. But my voice came out weak. His eyes cold eyes filled with confusion. I wince The heat was becoming unbearable. Leaning against the counter I shakily took a deep breath.

"I can make it go away" He whispered grabbing me by the waist. "Let me," He said and that's when I lost it. I placed my lips onto his pressing myself against him. Right when I do that the heat goes away. The feeling of his lips on mine is pure pleasure. I pull him closer not wanting this to end. After a few seconds, he pulls away looking straight ahead. A cold look coming across his face.   Was It that bad?

"Ares" I whispered leaning in again.

"Alex I won't be able to stop myself," He said putting some distance between us.

"What if I don't want you too?" I whispered back. What's wrong this me. I shake my head resisting the urge to slap myself. "What's wrong with me?"

"You're my soulmate," He said pulling me closer. 

"Woah hold the phone. Soulmate? Like we are destined to be? Like fate decided?"

"Did you need a moment to grasp this?" Ares said rolling his eyes a hint of a smile on his lips. 

"If you're my soulmate why do I feel like this?" I pause eying him for a second. "Shouldn't I feel great?"

"Apollo said this was Aphrodite doing. Because my family loves intervening in my business."

"Why would she do this?"

"It was a curse that started when we kissed. It's her way of pushing us together. She could have just told me and not curse you but that would take her actually using her brain." Ares growled. Wait how would we be soulmates if he's gonna leave forever?

"But you're god. How can we be together? Humans die" I mumble shaking my head.

"You're my soulmate you'll be granted immortality. You're mine " He said whispering the last part. This whole thing already felt crazy. But immortality comes on.

"Wait, what? This is going to fast. Aren't, you suppose to be with like the goddess of love?"

"Why the fuck would I be? Is she you? No" Ares said. "Do you not what to be mine?" He growled out. "Well I got some news sweetheart You're mine and nothings gonna change that"

"This is too fast, Ares I don't even know you that well," I said. Trying to register the fact that If He marks me I will be immortal there's no going back. There's no doubt that I have feelings for him but I just don't know.

"We are destined to be together by fate Alex," He said his blue eyes turn darker. He jaw clenches as if he is trying to control himself. "You get to choose when you want to be immortal I'm not rushing you into anything. You can live your life.

" Ares-"

"Don't pretend you don't have feelings for me, Alex," He said putting a finger under my chin forcing me to look up at him. "You feel the pull as much as I do" There's no denying that. Ever since we kissed. It's like something changed in my brain. I don't want to push down my feelings anymore.

"What If you leave again?" I asked. I spent 4 months in worry terrified of what could have happened to him. The nightmares of him dying every night. The blood everywhere.

"Alex, just because you didn't see me didn't mean I wasn't there" He throws his head back laughing. "I ever made a deal with fucking Hades to keep you safe" My eyes widen in shock. "I couldn't figure out why I cared about you, a human so much" He takes a deep breath before continuing. "You don't understand the hatred I had for your kind"

"Ares" I put my hand on his cheek trying to get him to calm down. He has a worse temper than Sally and that says something. He leans into my palm closing his eyes.

"I'm not used to this"

"Used to what?"

" Feeling powerless. You're my weakness Alex even the god damn prophecy says so." Ares said grabbing my hand and placing it on my side. "Only fate would give me a human mate." He whispered into my ear. He places his lips on mine slowing trailing down my neck. A wave of pleasure comes over me. I let out a gasp.

"You're beautiful," He said. His blue eyes seem different.

" Um, So this is what happens when I leave the shop huh?" My head turns to the door seeing Sally a smirk placed on her lips. "You dirty little kids Don't let me stop you continue"

"Sally," I said quickly getting up. She's never going to let me live this down.

"You animal" Sally said titled my head to the side. Her eyes widen clearly shocked. What is she looking at? I raise my eyebrow at her. 

"Huh?"  I ask as she starts laughing.