Chapter Twenty Three

"You're acting different," Ares said his eyes analyzing my face. You know that feeling where you're just in a complete stage of shock. Where your brain can't even function properly. Yeah? Well, that's been me for about five days now. Okay but to be fair How would you react when you find out your "Soulmate" was supposed to be a god. A freaking god. Do you want to know how many times I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming?

"Yeah" I mumbled getting the cookies out of the oven. Even since the marking thing happens he hasn't left. Which meant I was getting teased by Sally way too much.

"Are you gonna to tell me why?" He asked stepping closer to me. My eyes widen as I felt the sparks. Yeah, that's been happening too. I'm scared If I touch him I won't be able to control myself. Do you know how stupid that sounds? Even I feel the urge to slap myself when     I think that.

"The cookies are going to get cold" I exclaimed turning around to place the cookies on the counter.

"There suppose to," He said turning me around.Well, he has a point there. "That's how you're gonna to change the subject?."

"It was worth a shot" I mumbled looking into his eyes. That are filled with frustration. I place my hand on his face trying to get him to calm down. "Whats wrong?" Alright well, that was just a stupid question. Why do I do this?

"I don't know how to handle this Alex," Ares said closing his eyes in frustration.

"Handle what?"

"Alex I don't do relationships I get what I want then I leave" He runs his hands through his hair clenching his jaw. "I want to make you happy but you have to fucking show me how Alex. You have to let me back in"

"I'm scared Ares" I whispered taking a step back. How do I know he is not going to leave again? How do I not know if he is going to hurt me?

" You don't need to be Alex," He said steps closer until he is pressed against me. "I'll never let anything happen to" He presses his lips against my neck causing me to shiver. I let out a gasp as he kisses my neck

"Ares stop," I said my voice cracking slightly. He moves away from my neck placing his forehead against mine.

"Should I?" His eyes moving to my lips. Before I could even think about it. I lean in placing my lips against his. The sparks are even more intense as I press against him putting my fingers into his hair bring him closer to me. He responds immediately a groan coming out of his mouth as he lifts me up placing me on top of the counter.

"Alex" I hear a familiar voice say causing me to pull away from Ares. My eyes move towards the entrance hoping that maybe I just thought I heard her. My hope falters as I meet my mom's brown eyes. Her mouth is opened wide as she drops her purse. Did My mom just see me having a make-out session?

"Hi, mom," I said awkwardly jumping down from the counter. "How's Ryan?" I asked referring to her new husband.

"Guys I'm trying to make cookies but the oven won't turn on" Apollo said coming out from the backroom in Sally's apron with Roses on it. He meets my eyes raising his eyebrows as he sees the look of awkwardness on my face. His eyes move towards the entrance as his eyes light up.

"Eliza" Apollo shouts running up to her pulling her into a hug. She snaps out of her trance slowly hugging Apollo back.

"I was gone for three weeks and this happened?" My mom says raising her eyebrows in confusion. She points her fingers at Ares and Apollo putting on her lecture face. Oh no.

"Mom don't" I beg. Knowing what was about to happen.

"Are you boys aware of what you put my daughter through? Do you understand how worried she was? Do you know how many times I had to run to her room because she would wake up screaming almost every night?" Ares and Apollo's eyes go to me as I look down at my hands not wanting to meet their eyes.

"Mom stop"

"Especially you," My mom says walking up to Ares. "There were days where she wouldn't leave her room. You broke her heart. Do you know what it's like to see your own daughter fall apart and know there's nothing you can do about it? And now you're back? Why? To break my daughter's heart again?"

"Mom enough" I whispered my eyes filled with tears as the memories come rushing back the nightmares replaying in my head. I glance at Ares his hands are clenched to his sides as his breathing becomes harsher. I intertwine my hands with his. The way he looks makes my heart drop. Pain flashing in his blue eyes as he looks at me.

"Alex lets go" My mom demanded. But I don't want to. I don't want to leave Ares angry like this. But I know why my mom is doing this. She's scared that I'm going to get hurt like my dad hurt her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.