Hey Pretty Girl...

NICK POV

I wasn’t sure if she would even reply but when my phone vibrated it felt as though every cell in my body was vibrating along with it. I didn’t even know if it would be her when I looked at my phone I just knew that the fact that I had just received a text message was good enough. It gave me some hope that she had replied back. But none of that compared to the feeling that coursed through my veins at the realisation that she had actually replied back. I took a chance to ask her if she wanted to meet up tomorrow and I knew it was a shot in the dark but the fact that she replied in the first place gave me courage to at least ask. So to say I was surprised when she agreed to meet me would be an understatement. And now I’m sat on my couch an hour later still buzzing because I have a second chance to redo what happened yesterday, to tell her what I am feeling and to explain to her how happy I am to have her back in my life.

I guess the one thing I’m terrified about is the fact that I don’t know how I’m going to react when I am around her. This is something new, something that I’ve never experienced with Demi before. I have never had to worry about what my body is doing when I was around her before but now it’s like my entire being can’t decide whether it recognizes the girl in front of me as my best friend. I keep having to remind myself that it’s Demi,  but it’s so hard to convince myself that she hasn’t changed, I mean even I’ve changed! So obviously it would make logical sense that she’s changed too but I just wasn’t prepared for how much. I really don’t understand what is going on with me but I know that hopefully seeing her will help me figure it out, I mean it can’t hurt. I’m really looking forward to seeing her tomorrow. I’m not completely sure if she is still upset, or if she is even upset with me but I’m hoping that us hanging out for a bit will help us move past last night.

I could hardly even sleep; the excitement and anxiety wouldn’t let me. It was ridiculous the amount of energy running through me when I was getting ready this morning, buzzing isn’t even the right word to use to describe it. Now it was 11 o’clock and I am ready which is ridiculous because I still have an hour to go. If I left now I would be early cause’ it only takes me 15 minutes to get to Starbucks from where I live and I don’t want to get there and have to sit and wait while paranoia of her not turning up eats me alive. So I think I’ll leave at 11:40am, that gives me 15 minutes to get there and an extra 5 minutes to give myself a great motivational speech so I don’t chicken out and go back home.

Those 40 minutes went by so slowly, it was so excruciatingly painful trying to find things to preoccupy myself and stop my mind from going completely crazy. I’m just glad to be in the car and on my way finally. Suddenly I came to a standstill; I looked forward and noticed that I have now been caught up in a traffic jam.

“Damn it! Of course I would get stuck in traffic.” I said to myself.

I guess I’m just going to have to text Demi and let her know I’m going to be a little bit late as I’m currently moving at snail’s pace. I reached into my back pocket and felt nothing, and then I reached into my side pockets and still felt nothing. No, no, no, this was not happening! I have actually forgotten my phone, in my excitement and just plain stupidity I have left my phone at my apartment. Now how am I supposed to let Demi know that I’m going to be late, what if she waits and thinks I’m not going to turn up. This is my one chance of reconnecting with her and if I don’t make it in time it won’t happen. This sucks!

DEMI POV

I looked at the time on my phone, it read 12:15pm I can’t believe I was 15 minutes late! What if he got here early and could find me and left? No, Nick would never do that he’s too much of a gentleman. As I walked into Starbucks I prayed that I would see him sitting there waiting for me with that oh so famous Nick Jonas smile that only a few people got to witness.