Glass...

NICK POV

She has said nothing for the past 10 minutes though it feels like an eternity. She just stands there staring at me incredulously, as though waiting for me to tell her I'm joking or I didn't mean what I just said.

"Are you...uh, are you gonna say anything?" I breathe and wait for her reply but it never comes she just remains stationary in her position, it's almost as if she is in shock. I am completely unsure of what to do in this moment, I just professed my love to the girl and she froze. I was beginning to greatly second guess myself and the feeling of panic washed over me.

She parted her lips and let out a breath then slowly sat back down on the couch. I knelt down in front of her once again but the confidence I had before had vanished I didn't know whether it was alright to hold her hand, I didn't even know what to say to make the situation better, all I knew was I would not take back what I had just confessed to her because I meant it wholeheartedly.

"Look, you don't have to feel the same for me as I feel for you but I do not regret telling you how much I adore and love you. If it's just my fate to be here for you as your friend so be it but I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if..." She placed her index finger on my lips silencing me.

"Nick, would you please shut up and kiss me." My heartbeat picked up speed and my breath hitched she felt the same way.

"Nick, don't make me ask..." I cut her of mid sentence and all of a sudden our lips were intertwined, her hands were in my freshly grown hair as I laid her back on the couch so I was over the top of her making sure not to break the kiss.

Her hands moved from my hair down to my neck, then along my back, her hands roamed every inch of my upper body, she slid her hands underneath my shirt and the contact made me shiver as a stifled moan escaped my lips. This was the point I decided to break the kiss as we really needed to talk about what exactly we were doing as I pulled away a whimper escaped her lips from the loss of contact.

I sit beside her on the couch and run my hands through my hair. I turn to face her and she is staring at me with those big brown beautiful eyes, her breathing is heavy but even.

"We need to slow down because the way things were just going...I don't think I can control myself." I shamelessly admit.

"It's ok Nick, I understand."

"I'm sorry, I've just waited so long for this and now I have no idea how to conduct myself, half of me is terrified and the other half wants to rip that damn blouse off your body." My honesty scares me but in this moment I don't care, apart from the fact that we've kissed intensely I might add I still have no clue what she is thinking and here I am baring my soul and having a major case of word vomit.

"Oh..." She says and her cheeks turn a shade of pink. Great, I've made her uncomfortable.

"Shit, I've made it awkward now haven't I? I don't know how to act around you right now." I stand up and begin pacing once again.

"Nick, please stop pacing it's making me nervous." I immediately stop. "I've known you long enough to know that the kiss we just shared is not enough for you to believe that I feel for you what you feel for me." I stare at her incredulously as she plays with the bottom of her blouse carefully balling up the material in her hands and then trying to return it to it's original un-creased form with no such luck.

"What are you saying Demi?" I question, confused as to where this conversation is heading.

She stands up and walks towards me.

"What I am trying to say... what I should have said a long time ago is I love you Nicholas Jerry Jonas, I have loved you as a best friend and now I love you as so much more than that. Yes, I know we have a lot of problems to sort out but in this moment that's all trivial all that matters is that I know you will be there for me no matter what and I will do the same for you."

It takes me a moment to process the words coming out from her mouth but before I even realise it a smile is on my face because this girl, this amazing woman is stood in front of me, looking at me as though I am the only man on planet earth that is made for her and it feels fucking unbelievable. I have no words so I decide actions speak louder than words, I run my finger along her bottom lip and her eyes flutter shut, I place my hand on the side of her face and she tilts her head into the palm of my hand.

I slowly lean in so the tips of our noses are just touching; I gently kiss her smooth lips and all of a sudden she wraps her hands around my neck deepening the kiss. In one swift movement I lift her up with my free hand allowing her to wrap her legs around my waist and once again we are on the couch but there is no where else I'd rather be as I allow my lips to say all the things I cannot put into words.

"God, I love you." I breathe into her mouth.

DEMI POV

I couldn't believe what was happening right now. It was all too much for my brain to process. One second I was demanding a confession from Nick and the next the air was knocked out of me by the weight of his honesty. It took me a few minutes to process what exactly Nick had just said all I knew was that I wanted him to kiss me again.

The feeling that came from being with him was next to nothing I had ever felt before. It was everything I had been waiting and more than I could ever imagine, it was as though the pieces of the puzzle were finally coming together. When he broke the kiss I shivered from the loss of contact and confusion was etched on my brows.

"We need to slow down because the way things were just going...I don't think I can control myself."

"It's ok Nick, I understand." I say trying to sound sure of myself but my voice is barely a whisper. I hang my head low to hide the blush creeping onto my cheeks, I was so embarrassed. Of course he would stop, he's probably regretting the decision to kiss me.

"I'm sorry, I've just waited so long for this and now I have no idea how to conduct myself, half of me is terrified and the other half wants to rip that damn blouse off your body."

"Oh..." Was all I managed to get out. He didn't regret it. He wants me. The realisation made my stomach do somersaults.

"Shit, I've made it awkward now haven't I? I don't know how to act around you right now." He stands up and begins to pace once again which in turn makes me anxious, it's clear that neither one of us knows where to go from here.

"Nick, please stop pacing it's making me nervous." He halts. "I've known you long enough to know that the kiss we just shared is not enough for you to believe that I feel for you what you feel for me." He stares at me with intensity and my skin crawls under his gaze; I avert my eyes downward and play with the bottom of my blouse.

"What are you saying Demi?" It was now or never he'd admitted his feelings for me and it was now my turn to be brave and do the same.

I was terrified, opening up and being vulnerable is not something that comes easily to me but for Nick I would do anything and everything. I stand up and take a few steps towards him closing the gap between us.

"What I am trying to say... what I should have said a long time ago is I love you Nicholas Jerry Jonas, I have loved you as a best friend and now I love you as so much more than that. Yes, I know we have a lot of problems to sort out but in this moment that's all trivial all that matters is that I know you will be there for me no matter what and I will do the same for you."

For a moment it's as though time has stopped. We're just stood there breathing in unison, eyes locked on each other as the words I have just say hang in the air. I don't know what to do now so I'm glad when Nick smiles. He lifts his hand to my face and runs his finger along my bottom lip and as an automatic response to his touch my eyes flutter shut. He places his hand on the side of my face and the warmth radiating from his palm is so comforting I cannot help but lean my head further into his hand. With my eyes closed I feel the tip of Nick's nose close to mine and then his lips follow.

He kisses me with such care and gentleness but in that moment I crave for more of him so I wrap my hands around his neck and deepen the kiss. I kiss him with everything I have, all the feelings I have been keeping secret all in that one kiss. With ease he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he manoeuvres his way back to the couch.

This is it; this is what I was trying so hard to find all those years.

Peace, contentment... happiness.

"God, I love you." He breathes into my mouth and everything else but this moment fades into irrelevance.