Don't Let Me Know...

DEMI POV

I have no idea why I agreed to this. Probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. I know no good could come of this, yet here I am sat in Starbucks waiting on another Jonas and not even the one I wanted to be waiting on, so why was I? Before I could delve any further into my thoughts Joe walked in through the doors. I immediately froze. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do I mean the last time I saw Joe properly was the same day he broke up with me for Ashley Greene after we... I mean what do you do when you’re getting coffee with your ex, do people even get coffee with their ex’s? Or is it just me?

He looked around for a second and then his eyes landed on me, he smiles and walks over.

“Hey Demss, fancy seeing you here.” He winked and I automatically cringed. How cheesy could he get?

“Joe.” I said bluntly.

“Ouch, I felt that one right here,” He said placing his hand over his heart, “but I completely understand your hesitance.” He sat down opposite me.

“Look Joe, the only reason I’m here is because you made a scene in Wal-Mart and wouldn’t stop till I agreed to come so here I am, what do you want?”

“I want to talk that’s all, how are you?”

I tried to answer without properly looking at him. “I’m fine... how about you?”

“I’m really good, much better now, oh how rude of me, what would you like to drink?”

“Can I have a Caramel Macchiato please?” I reached down to grab my purse.

“I’ve got it, give me a second and I’ll go get the drinks.” He walked towards the counter and I felt for the first time since he arrived, I could breathe.

The thing about this situation that made me the most uncomfortable was the fact that I knew that if I spent more time than necessary with Joe I’d end up right back where I was before I went to treatment. I never really got the closure I needed and so I am unsure whether I ever got over him. I mean he was my first. How do you get over your first?

“Demi? Hello? Are you in there?”

I snapped out of my daze to find Joe sitting across from me again and a cup of coffee in front of me.

“Sorry, zoned out for a second, thank you for the drink.”

“That’s ok.”

We sat there in silence for 15 minutes drinking our coffees. The silence between us was so thick you probably could have cut it with a knife. I didn’t know what to say to him and I’m pretty sure he didn’t know what to say to me either.

“Alright let’s just get down to it, I’ve missed you Demi.”

I laughed. “Nice try Joe, are you lonely? Is that what this is?”

“That’s not fair Demi.”

“Really? Do you wanna know what’s not fair? Sleeping with someone and then breaking up with them like they were trash.”

That’s right I lost my virginity to Joe Jonas. He lost his to me too but it didn’t seem like he cared much about it anyway, he made me feel special like he didn’t want to be with anyone else and then a week later he dumps me for Ashley Greene. A week! I mean come on, I had to have deserved more than that, right?

“I...” That was all he could say? I’m so over this.

“I’m leaving since you obviously have nothing important to say, thank for wasting my time.” I stood up and he stood up with me and held me by my shoulders.