Friend Me Up...

DEMI POV

I’m so excited to bring Nick out we’d just finished Get Back which meant that it was now time to introduce him and I couldn’t wait to see the reaction from my fans.

“Hey guys!” The screams are deafening, this is why I love my lovatics, “Ok, first of all I just wanna say how stoked I am to be here tonight, I’m totally not gonna lie, I’m so nervous cause I have friends in the audience and my family is here but luckily some of my friends are gonna help me out tonight on stage,” The roar increases I love surprising my fans simply because the love and support they show is just incredible, “So if you could give it up for my friend...”  I pause knowing the suspense will drive them crazy, I shouldn’t be teasing them this way but I can’t help it but to see the look of anticipation on their faces.

“Nick Jonas!” The entire room erupts into screams as Nick makes his way across the stage to stand beside me, as he gets closer I can see the smile on his face and it warms my heart. We exchange a hug that seems to last forever and then he takes his place beside me.

“Do you guys know him or something?” I laugh as they scream even louder.

“You guys, Nick is one of the greatest friends that I’ve ever had, so I just wanted to bring him on stage to show you how talented he is, even though I’m sure you already know that.” As soon as the words are out of my mouth Nick begins to play the beginning of Catch me.

It was so surreal being up on the stage with my best friend again, everything seemed to be falling into place and in that moment I was truly and genuinely happy.

The show was amazing one of the best ones I think I’ve done so far. I was just hanging out in my dressing room afterwards and the door opened and an incredibly smiley Nick Jonas poked his head around the door frame with his eyes closed.

“Dems?” He asked.

I laughed. “Why are your eyes closed Nick?”

He opened his eyes. “Didn’t want to walk in on you changing or anything like that so I thought it would be best to come in eyes closed,” he began to laugh as he realised how stupid his idea sounded.

“You’re crazy! So what brings...” Just as I was about to ask him why he came to my dressing room I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Come in.” I said.

My manager pops his head round the door and looks at me then at Nick.

“Oh, hi Nick I didn’t realise you had company Demi but I have some people here that would love to meet you.”

“Alright that’s fine by me,” I turned to Nick, “Can we talk later?”

“Yeah that’s fine, I’ll text you.” He flashed me a smile and then exited the room.

“I’m ready.” I said to my manager.

“Come on in guys.” He said to whoever was behind the door, then he pushed the door open wider revealing 3 fifths of the world famous boy band One Direction. Standing on the other side of the door was Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan. I now completely understood the obsession with these guys, they were absolutely gorgeous!

Harry stepped forward with Niall and Zayn in tow, “Hey Demi, I’m...”

“Harry Styles. Oh crap, sorry for cutting you off I didn’t realise I was going to say that out loud.” I rambled and I’m pretty sure my face was bright red, leave it up to me to embarrass myself in front of some of the hottest guys in the world.

Harry just chuckled and smiled at me. “It’s OK, well I’m guessing introductions aren’t necessary seeing as you know our names and we know yours.”

Zayn stepped forward. “It’s lovely to finally meet you; the show was amazing you’re really talented.”

Their accents were killing me. It just made them ten times more attractive, I felt like a fan girl right now. I remember an interview I did where the presenter told me that they wanted to meet me, Niall in particular, and I lost it I tried to play it cool but on the inside I was screaming for joy. Yes I am a One Direction fan, sue me.  I noticed this entire time that Niall hadn’t said a word to me since they got in the room so I decided to be bold and talk to him myself.

“Hi Niall, it’s amazing to finally meet you.” I smiled and went in for hug.

“Like-wise, I’ve wanted to meet you for a while now and when I found out we’d be in town at the same time I had to make it happen, sorry I’m rambling, I ramble when I’m nervous, sorry.” He looks down, his cheeks are flushed and it’s adorable.

“Aww, I can’t believe you wanted to meet me! I wanted to meet you, you guys are all so talented and your accents are super attractive, just saying.” I have no idea where this new found confidence was coming from all I knew was that the look Niall was giving me right now was one of awe and adoration and I felt the need to do the same.

“So you guys wanna just hang out for a while, would be awesome to get to know y’all.”

They all nodded. So for the next hour that’s exactly what we did. We sat around talking about our careers, our families, our friends, they told me a bit about where they each grew up and how they missed home a lot sometimes and I told them if they were ever in town and needed something to do they could always come and hang out with me. We ended up exchanging phone numbers before I decided that it was getting pretty late and should probably head home.

“I really gotta head out now guys but it was really cool getting to hang out with you guys and I mean it whenever you’re in town hit me up, ok?” I said.

“Of course and if you’re even in the UK don’t hesitate to let us know.” Harry replied.

“Definitely, well I’ll see you guys around.” I gave them each a hug and headed towards the door. I was pretty much out of the door when I heard my name being called.

“Demi!” yelled Niall.

“Niall?”

“Sorry to keep you but I was wondering if you were busy tomorrow?” He shifted his weight from foot to foot, obviously a nervous habit.

“No I’m not actually.” I smiled.

He returned the smile. “Ok, great, would you like to hang out?”

“Sure, one sec,” I pulled out my phone and looked for his number, “I just sent you my address.”

“Alright, I’ll pick up at 1, sound good?”

“Sounds great, see you tomorrow at 1.” I began to walk away towards the exit, I took one last look and Niall was still standing there smiling. I think this could be the beginning of an interesting friendship.

Authors Note:

First of all, I would like to apologise for how long it took for me to upload this chapter, I've been so busy and I was having what we authors call 'writer's block' so it's a little bit shorter than I wanted it to be but I thought it would be better to get it up sooner rather than later. The title of the chapter is a song once again and its 'Friend Me Up by Keke Palmer' listen to it it's a really cool song.

Farida xoxo