Kiss Me Slowly...

Authors Note:

IT TOOK A WHILE BUT IT'S FINALLY HERE!

I cannot express how deeply sorry I am for this taking so long, University is taking over all of my time at the moment and it's hard to find time to sit and write so my updates my be a little irratic. Hope this holds you over for a bit I will try my very best to get the next one up as soon as possible!

Farida xoxo

DEMI POV

I open my mouth to speak but no words come out just air. I'm breathing in and out to keep from freaking out and the silence is unbearable. God knows how long we've been sat here staring at each other both waiting for the other to begin the conversation; it felt like an eternity.

My heart was racing and I was uncomfortable my skin was crawling under his gaze it was almost as though with just one look he saw straight through me, to the deepest parts of me that I fight constantly to keep hidden. The fear of what he would say was in the back of my mind, I was now only a shell of the girl I once was and he could either restore me or take away the glue that is holding me together. I gather up what courage I have left and look him straight in the eye.

"You came here for a reason and..." I hesitate, "I'd like to know what that is." It came out a lot more formal than I intended it to, this whole thing just felt stiff and painful.

"Well, I... I'm not sure how to begin." He says.

"How about you tell me what you were thinking about when you decided to come here." I prompt.

He opens his mouth but pauses to think about what to say and the suspense is killing me.

"I guess I was just thinking about you." He states.

"Me?"

"Yes you. Demi, I never meant to hurt you in anyway shape or form, I just don't know how to handle my emotions at the moment." He explains.

"Your emotions?"

"Yeah, I just have so many things in my head and heart that conflict and I'm struggling to find a balance and you got caught in the crossfire and I'm extremely sorry about that." He expresses and I believe him.

It's that easy for me when it comes to Nick, whatever he says I believe him because I love him but I was going to get more answers than that, this time I will not allow myself to be satisfied with vague explanations.

"That's fine Nick," I started off calmly, "But what I want to know is why the hell you went off on me for going out on a date?!" I yelled losing control of my calm state.

He sat forward in his chair. "I didn't mean to I just got..." He stops.

"Got what?" I push my patience wearing thin.

"I don't know how to put it, I know what I'm trying to say but it just won't come out right and I don't want to say the wrong thing and end up pushing you further away." He admits.

"Look," I begin, "I'm so confused right now and you have all the answers, I just want to know the truth Nick." I sigh. "That's all I'm asking for."

He rubs his hands against his legs, a nervous habit. "Alright, what do you want to know?"

So many questions flooded into my mind in that moment it was hard to know where to begin so I just opened my mouth and let the questions flow out.

"Why did you lie to me about Joe?"

"I lied because at the time I thought I was protecting you by sheltering you from the truth but the truth is that I did it out of selfishness I didn't want to lose you again and so I lied to be able to keep you in my life." He said finally allowing himself to breathe.

"Why did you say such hurtful things to me at the overlook?"

His face softened but his body tensed at the question. "Demi." He breathed.

"Please... just answer the question."

"I... didn't mean to say those things to you. You have to believe me when I tell you that."

"Was I... am I a burden to you?

"What? No! Not at all!" He faces me directly and looks at me with those beautiful brown eyes. "You have never nor will you ever be a burden to me! And I am truly and deeply sorry for making you feel like you are. Everything I have done, I have done because I care for you Demi not because I felt like I had to." I nodded.

He had now answered all but one question.

"Why were you so upset about my date?" His entire being turned rigid, one second he was facing me and the next he was trying his hardest to look at anything but me. "Nick? What's wrong?"

He stands up and begins pacing back and forth.

"Nick stop, you're making me nervous." I say but he still continued to pace, "Nick please stop!" I say more forcefully and this seems to cut him off mid stride.

He turns sharply to face me, "Right, err so you want to know why I blew up about your date?" He says.

"Nick, you're scaring me." I'm unsure of where this conversation is going. He begins to walk towards me and when he has less than half a metre in front of me he stops and kneels down.

"You want to know why I lost my mind about your date?" He reiterated.

"Yes."

He took a deep breath in and looked at me with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.

NICK POV

This is it. The moment I've been waiting for since the day I realised I was in love with the beautiful woman sat before me now. We've come a long way from being best friends to losing each other and by some miraculous twist of fate finding each other once again. This could either be the end or the beginning but one thing is certain I can't say after this that I didn't try, nothing to regret, I'm all in.

"You're it for me Demi."

She opens her mouth to speak and I raise my hand to let her know I'm not finished; in fact I have only just begun.

"You're everything. God knows why it took me so long to see that you're the one for me but I see it now and I've been fighting with myself trying to deny the undeniable fact that I am in love with you. I thought this was a new realisation but I think I've always loved you Demi, I just confused it for the love of a best friend but you're more than that, you're my soul mate. The first time I lost you my world fell apart but I new giving you distance was the best thing for you so you could heal, I never lost hope that we would be reunited, what I didn't expect were the emotions that arose that day when I saw you sat by yourself at Justin's party. It took me a good 10 minutes to gain enough courage to speak to you and even at that I ran away like the coward that I was. I am not going to be that coward anymore. It took the reality of losing you again to wake me up and see that if I don't fight for you now I will regret it for the rest of my God given life. Demi, I love you. I've been acting like a crazy jealous human being because I love you."

I stood up from where I was kneeling, took Demi by the hand and brought her to a stand. "I can't express to you how long I've wanted to do this."

I placed my hand on the side of her face, it is smooth, I gather up all the emotion within me and I lean in and kiss the love of my life.

The kiss is gentle but captivating, our lips pressed together as though they were the missing puzzle pieces. There is desire and urgency in the kiss as I try to convey what I cannot with words and for that moment the world around us disappears, it is just the two of us. As we pull apart, our breaths are short and desperate gasps, I had no more to add, the decision was now hers.

Either she felt the same way or she didn't but at least now she knows how I feel.