Dirty Little Secret...

Demi POV

I never knew I could be so... happy.

I swung the door open and was greeted by a smiling Nick. I flung myself into his arms and kissed him hard, I could feel him smiling as he kissed me back.

'Well, well, looks like someone's excited to see me." He says, as I reach up and wipe my lipstick off his lips.

"I guess so." I wink at him, "Are you excited to see me?"

"After that kiss? I'm a little more than excited." He smirks and I smack him on the arm.

"So what movie are we watching?" I step aside letting him into my apartment.

"I have, The Notebook, PS I Love You, Iron Man and Captain America." He says as he takes a seat on my couch. I walk over and join him on the couch snuggling up to him. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my head.

"Which one do you wanna see babe?" He asks.

"I don't mind you pick."

"Captain America it is!" He exclaims hoping off the couch and heading towards the TV. I giggle and watch him set up the DVD player. I smile to myself, unable to believe how perfect this situation was. That day when he kissed me I knew I was right all along. The way the warmth flowed through me as he held me in his arms afterwards confirmed everything that I was feeling towards him. He eventually went home that evening, but I lay in bed replaying the kiss over and over again in my mind as I hugged my pillow, I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face. So there I lay, grinning like an idiot until dawn. I still can't believe it's been two weeks since that day, the day he asked me to be his.

He walks back over to the couch and lifts me up.

"Nick!" I squeal and he just laughs and sits down before lying across his lap. I turn to face him and pout.

He smiles and throws his hands up in defence, "I'm sorry, but you know you're super cute when you're mad."

I smile at him, "You're lucky I love you." It was weird how those three words had taken so long to say but once they were out it became second nature for us to say it to each other.

He grins at me, "Alright missy, this is Captain America which means no speaking what so ever during the movie, unless it will be seen as gross insubordination and I will have to punish you, understood?" He warns in a mock soldier voice.

"Sir, yes sir!" I salute. And he laughs then grabs the remote and presses play.

Nick is so engrossed in the movie whereas I am engrossed in him. The intensity of his facial expressions when the fight scenes are taking place and the way he carelessly strokes my hair during the emotional scenes. I can't help smile when he smiles, laugh when he laughs and frown when he frowns. It's like we are connected somehow. I didn't realise I was tired until my eyes began to flutter shut and I drifted into sleep.

[...]

I can hear voices, but my eyes are so heavy that I cannot open them, so I'm sure I am dreaming. Instead of waking up I just listen to what I think are voices in my head.

"What the hell are you doing here?" There is anger in this voice but it sound familiar.

"I'm here to talk to my friend." Niall? What are you doing in my dreams?

"She doesn't want to talk to you." I do. I want to talk to Niall.

"How do you know huh? You've literally been keeping her hostage!" I'm confused, what is happening?