Mrs Mistake...

DEMI POV

14th July 2014

 Wait. Am I still asleep? Why am I still asleep? I should be awake it’s probably afternoon by now. Get up Demi; get up, you can do it! I shot up out of bed and turned to my side to get a good look at my alarm clock. It read...11:15am. Not as bad as I expected, I was sure I’d overslept. I grabbed my dressing gown and made my way downstairs to eat some breakfast.

The week had gone by so fast, rehearsals for the last show of the tour were beginning tomorrow which meant this was the last day I could sit around and do nothing. Truthfully I just wanted to see Nick but I didn’t want to annoy him by constantly texting so I held back. We had texted more after that night and he was still going to come and sing with me at my show but I hadn’t seen him since then and I was beginning to really miss him. It was hard to stop myself from thinking about him. I should probably make the most of my last day of freedom, my life was going to be pretty busy after this last show, I could tell. I made my way upstairs and into the bathroom to get ready.

"Tampon, tampon, I need a tampon." I sang to myself as I got out of the bat. I reached into the box that was normally full of tampons only to find one left.

"Crap, the last tampon. I guess I'm going to have to go get some more from the store." I said to no one in particular. I got out of the bathroom and walked into my bedroom slipped on a pair of jeans, a hoodie and my leather jacket. I didn’t really feel the need to do anything special with my appearance so I put my hair up in a messy bun put on a little bit of makeup grabbed my side bag which had my purse and house keys in it and made my way to the store.

I walked into Wal-Mart trying to stay out of sight as best as I could, I didn’t really want to be recognised in the middle of Wal-Mart. I made my way to the toiletries section, grabbed a box of tampons began making my way to the till. My head down and my hood covering my face just in case, it wasn’t that I didn’t want to meet my fans, I just didn’t want to meet them with a box of tampons in my hand. I was walking so fast that it may have looked as though I had stolen something and was attempting a quick getaway. Suddenly a force greater than I pushed me back and I fell flat on my on the ground letting go of the tampons.

“Are you serious?! That’s the second time that’s happened,” I yelled at whomever pushed me over, “Look ok, can you please watch where you’re going next...” I looked up and was met with that smirk, the one I didn’t think I’d be seeing anytime soon. The infamous Joe Jonas smirk.

"Wow Demi, out of all the places I thought we’d meet again, I would’ve never guessed Wal-Mart." His hand out stretched, I grabbed it and he pulled me up as though it was nothing.

"I uh...” That was all I could come up with. It didn’t matter anyway; he had turned around and was walking away from me. The douche bag knocks me over, makes some snarky comment and then walks away. No! That was not ok! I was just about to yell at him in protest when I saw him bend over and pick something up... my tampons.          

Oh... No...No...No...No...

"I believe these... are yours." He stated as he walked back over to me.

Oh sweet Jesus, to say I was embarrassed was an understatement, I mean I know it’s just Joe but I’ve always felt this way around him, nervous and shaky. I wanted to hate him I honestly did, but looking at him right now standing there, all the memories came flooding back even the ones I wanted to keep hidden away in the deep recesses of my heart.

"Wow! This is embarrassing, hello Joe," I said collecting the box from him.

He laughed, “No need to be so formal and tense Demi, we’re way too close for that." How he thought he could talk to me like nothing had happened after all he put me through he should be grovelling and begging for forgiveness, yet here he was behaving like a pompous, arrogant and entitled fool.