Something That We're Not...

DEMI POV

I have no clue what exactly I agreed to when I said I’d hang out with Niall. I have no idea what he has planned so I’m not completely sure what to wear today. What could we possibly do today? Maybe go on a walk? So I should probably be comfortable but then again I want to look somewhat nice just in case. I had basically gone through the whole of my wardrobe before I settled on an outfit. I paired an Urban Outfitters clueless whatever tee with my black ripped skinny jeans; I threw a checked shirt over the top of my tee and put on my Steve Madden studded boots. My outfit was almost complete the one thing remaining was of course, the handbag. I decided that my Hermés Birkin bag would go amazing with my outfit and I was right. I stood in front of the full length mirror and examined the casual sexiness that was my outfit.

I hope I haven’t given Niall the wrong impression of what today is. I’m not completely sure if he thinks this is a date, I hope not because I don’t want it to be awkward between us, I really like Niall and I’d love to have him as a friend, I feel like we’d be really good friends.

I was lost in my train of thought when my phone began to ring.

“Hey Niall, are you here?” I said into the receiver.

“Hey, yeah I’m just outside in your drive.” He replied.

“Alright, I’ll be down in a sec.” I said ending the call.

I grabbed my handbag and keys and headed for the door. I walked out into my drive and was greeted by an attractive looking Niall leaning against Chevrolet Camaro SS Boldride.  Maybe I’d been a bit too rash, maybe I could like Niall as more than a friend, then I realised that wasn’t me talking it was my inner manizer rearing its ugly head, Niall and I were friends and would remain friends no matter how attractive he looked right now leaning against what could possibly be the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen in my life. I love Nick and only Nick. Be strong.

“Nice car Niall, would it be alright if I hung out with just the car today?” I teased.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny, get your pretty little self in my incredibly handsome car right now we’ve got things to do.”

I laughed. “Aye aye captain!” I replied saluting him. He came round to the passenger side and opened my door for me.

“Why thank you, you’re such a gentleman.” I complimented as I got into the car.

“My mother taught me well what can I say.” He shut my door and made his way round to the driver’s side and got in.

“You look amazing today just thought I’d tell you.” He smiles at me.

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” I tease and he laughs, “No really though I’m sure there isn’t a day you don’t look good.” I state.

“You’d be surprised,” I smile, “OK, now I’m not telling you where we’re going or what we’re doing because I just feel like leaving you in suspense today.” He laughs.

“Oh so mean, I might have to reconsider ever hanging out with you again.” I joke.

“Please don’t do that my entire life would be ruined.”

“Should have thought about that before you decided to torture me.” He chuckles and then begins pulling out of my drive and we begin our journey to a destination unknown to me.

The whole time we’re driving Niall keeps giving me sideways glances and smiling and we joke about silly things and I just feel comfortable. I can tell that I’m going to have fun today.

We’d been driving for about half an hour now and I was really starting to wonder where we were going. The car was now silent but it wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, it was sort of peaceful. I look out of my window and notice that we’re driving towards the Griffith Observatory.