☠Cнαρтєя 10

Scarlette's P.O.V.

                                        I fell once on my way to the house,but I finally made it.When I got to the front door I started pounding on it."Andy!"I screamed."Open the door!"

There was no answer and it only increased my worrying.

I tried to turn the doorknob and it was locked.I cursed under my breath and searched around the door frame,my hands wandering frantically.

I exhaled in relief when I found the spare key and pulled it down,jamming it into the lock and turned it.I pushed the door open ans smoke wafted out,pouring all over me.

I coughed and waved my hand in front of my face as I moved into the house.

"Andy?"I called between coughs.

The smoke became thicker as I neared the living room.I went to the door and peeked my head in.

There was a hookah in the middle of the room and smoke was still pouring out of it.There were two bags of what looked like tobacco next to it. 

(For those of you who don't know,a hookah is an appliance used to smoke flavored tobacco called Mu'assel.It was originated in Pakistan,India.)

My eyes darted around the room until they found Andy in the corner of the room.He was slumped against the wall,his eyes closed,and there was a bottle of Jack Daniels sitting next to him.

I ran over to him and crouched down,moving the bottle to the side.

"Andy...Andy wake up!"I shook him like crazy until I saw his eyes slowly pull open.He rolled his head around to look at me,his blue eyes looking exhausted.

"S...Scarlette?"he asked,reaching one hand up to run it over his face.

"What the hell did you do?"I asked him and helped him sit up.

He ran a hand through his hair and caught his head before it fell back onto his shoulder."Uh...I uh..."

I sat patiently,rubbing his arm for comfort and awaited his answer.

"I um,"he slurred."Got bored."

I tilted my head at him."You...got bored?"He nodded."Okay,so when you get bored you try to smoke and drink yourself to death?"I was getting a bit angry.

He shook his head and put his hand over my hand that was on his arm."No...I just...wasn't paying attention...Did too much..."

I swallowed back tears,though I didn't know just why they were coming,and used my jacket sleeve to wipe some of the perspiration from his face.

"Well come on,"I said and stood up,helping him to his feet."I'll help you get better."

I saw the smallest of smiles outline his lips,and then he seemed to be trying harder to stand up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Andy's P.O.V.

"How many sugars?"Scarlette asked me.

"Three,"I replied and leaned my head on my hand.

We were in the kitchen and Scarlette made some coffee;she said she'd take care of me.

I was sitting on a stool at the counter,thinking about how stupid I was and wishing my raging headache would go away.

"Here you go,"I heard her say somewhere outside my drooping eyes.And then there was a cup of coffee sitting in front of me.

"Thanks."I said and pulled myself into an upright position,then carefully raised the cup to my mouth and took a drink.

She smiled form the seat next to me,leaning her head on her hand."Is it good?"

I managed a smile back and nodded."Yeah.It's really good."

Her smile remained and she watched me until I finished the whole cup.I set it down and burped,pulling a giggle from her lips.

"What?"I asked smiling at her.

She shook her head."Nothing."I could tell she was trying not to laugh again.After a while of not talking,she broke the silence."So...Where are the guys?"

"Out,"I said simply.

"Out?"

"Yeah.They left to go visit someone but I wouldn't get out of bed so they left."

"Oh..."She looked down at the counter,tracing the squares with her finger.

"Hey,"I said to get her attention.

She looked up at me from the counter."Yeah?"

I smiled slightly and took her hand that rested on her leg into my own."Thank you for taking care of me.If you hadn't come I don't know what I wouldv'e done."

She smiled back and looked at our hands then back at me."You're welcome.It was no problem."

My smile broadened and I rubbed the back of her hand.We stared at each other for a while,complete silence around us,nothing but the buzz of the refrigerator to fill the room.

I was perfectly content to just sit there and look at her.My eyes locked on hers and the corner of her mouth turned up,a slight blush spreading across her face.

I leaned forward,completely loosing my senses for just a moment.She didn't look scared,but she did look curious.

I kept going until our faces were a few inches apart.For the first time,I was unbelievably nervous around her.I hadn't even been this nervous during the dare.

I could feel her breath and the coolness felt amazing on my warm skin.My eyes met hers again and I could tell that she wasn't gonna stop me.

But then I remembered who she was,who I was,where we were,and what was happening.I didn't want it to happen like this.

So I kissed her cheek and slid off of my stool."Thanks again.I hope to talk to you soon."

Then I walked past her and out of the kitchen,which had to be the hardest thing iv'e ever had to do my entire life.