Chapter 21 (Demons)

Chapter 21

Demons

Derek's P.O.V*

I sped to the hideout, pissed with the new information I have. I entered the hideout and went straight to Gavin's office. He was talking to someone at his desk.

"You're helping to frame me?" I asked him, ignoring the person he's talking to.

"I'm in the middle of something." Gavin said.

"Why are you doing it? Haven't I shown you my loyalty? Hell, I even killed a man for you and went to jail for it. So what reason can you give me, that says I deserve this?"

"Give me a minute Emit."

The man he was talking to looked at me for a moment before walking away. Gavin stood up and leaned on his desk.

"I'm not framing you Derek."

"Your last customer wanted to make sure my prints were on the guns you had me sell. Why is that? And the fact that I've handled the most recent shipment of guns, which the ones you put in the bag are from, shows that you have something to do with it."

"I promise Derek that I would never do that to you."
"Don't lie to me!" I yelled, pushing his desk aside.

How can he stand here and lie to my face? I know the truth, why won't he just admit to it?

"Derek, calm down." He said. "I swear to you, that I'm not framing you. You're my friend. I want to help you."

"You're so full of it. I'm out of here."

I left without saying goodbye to anyone. I climbed on my bike and sped home. I don't know why Gavin would want to frame me, but I'm not going to stand around and take it.

I arrived back home and went inside. I found Arabella sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Where've you been?" She asked me. "I thought you left something at school."

"I'm not feeling well." I said, ignoring her questions. "I'm going up to my room."

"Derek, wait."

I ignored her and ran upstairs to my room. I closed my door behind me and locked it so Arabella wouldn't come inside.

"Derek, what's wrong?" Arabella asked from the other side of the door. "Talk to me."

Arabella's P.O.V*

I stared at Derek's closed door. Why is he so upset? I thought he went to get something from school, but that was hours ago. He obviously went someplace else.

"Derek, don't shut me out please." I said, knocking on his door. I still got no response.

I sighed and went back downstairs. Derek's mom was just walking through the door.

"Hi Arabella." She greeted me with a smile. "Where's Derek?"

"He just stormed up to his room."

"Why, what's wrong?"

"I don't know, he won't talk to me. He came in and said that he's not feeling good, then went to his room."

"That can't be good. Let's just leave him for now, he'll come down when he's ready."

I helped Ms. Knight make dinner since it's the least I can do for her letting me live here.

"You don't have to help me, really." Ms. Knight said.

"It's the least I can do. Especially since you have another mouth to feed."

"You're too sweet. Derek is really lucky to have you, especially after everything he's been through."