Chapter 26 (Threats)

Chapter 26

Threats

Derek's P.O.V*

I've officially lost her. She's finally moved on from me. I'm just the ex who used her for what I wanted. Arabella is happy now with someone else. He's the one who makes her happy when he comes around. He's the one who makes her laugh. He's the one who gets to hold her tight and never let go. And even worse, he's the one who has her heart.

Two and a half months. That's how long it's been since we broke up. Everyday that I see her, she looks happier and happier with him. Watching them now, he's holding her close and making her laugh. And every time they kiss, it makes my gut wrench.

I should move on, make it easier for myself, but I can't leave her. I can't stop loving her. But even though watching them together hurts more than anything, it's what I deserve for pushing her away.

Arabella's P.O.V*

Brad met his lips with mine and pulled me closer. Our first kiss was two weeks ago. I thought it'd be awkward kissing someone else, but it was just as amazing as the last time. Now I can't get enough.

The bell rang, making me pull away. Brad frowned at me and I smiled at how cute he is.

"We don't want to be late." I told him. "We'll hang out after school, okay?"

"Okay." He sighed.

He took my hand and walked me to class like he does every day. A few months ago I never thought I'd be this happy. But I'm falling for Brad a little more everyday. I shouldn't have left him for Derek. I should have stayed with him from the beginning. It would have saved me from my heartbreak.

As the bell rang, Mrs. Lewis reminded the class of their projects which will be due in about two months. School is almost over and I'll be able to escape the horrible memories. But I can't present my project without my partner, which unfortunately is my ex. So how am I supposed to work this out?

I looked over at Derek who happened to be looking at me too. It's been a while since I've actually looked at him. In fact, I don't think of him much either. I guess that's a good thing. Maybe I've actually moved on with Brad.

I sighed and made my way over to him. He stood and faced me, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Hi." He said.

"We have to work on the project." I got straight to the point. "When are you free?"

"Whenever. Just give me the time and place."

This is so weird. I never thought I'd talk to him ever again. And now that I am talk talking to him, I feel a little anger. But why would I be angry at him? Yes he broke my heart, but I'm over that now. I'm happy with Brad. Derek should be just like any other person.

"I'm free tomorrow after school." I said. "We'll go to the library."

"What's wrong with your house or my house?" He furrowed his brows.

"My parents hate you and I don't feel like dealing with your moms excitement over us working together."

"I see. Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."

Without saying another word, I left and ran into Brad down the hall. It was obvious he was coming to walk me to class.

"Hey, what's the rush?" He asked, smiling down at me.

"I was just reminded that I have my long-term project to finish, where Derek is my partner. We're working on it tomorrow after school."

"You're working with him?" Brad frowned. "Do you really have to? I don't like him being around you."