Epilogue

Epilogue

Arabella's P.O.V*

Five years. That's how long Derek has been behind bars. The night his father kidnapped me has never left my mind. How could it when I have the scar to remind me, and the weight of having killed someone. That night, Derek took the blame for the murder of his father, and the murder of Jace. He refused to let me come forward about it.

The court charged Derek with involuntary manslaughter given his personal issues with his father is what fueled his rage to pull the trigger. And since he took the blame for Jace's death, he claimed he was so heartbroken to find out his friend betrayed him, that they added that to the manslaughter charge as well. Looking back into his past felonies, the judge ordered five years in prison with no parole.

As I've promised, I've waited for him. I've graduated both high school and college, and haven't had a boyfriend since. I visited him every day and twice on holidays. I'm 22 now and today, the day he gets released, he turns 23.

I pulled in front of the front gates, and got out to lean against my car. The nice summer breeze, blowing through my shoulder length hair. I cut my hair shortly after the incident with Derek's father. I guess I wanted to create a new identity for myself. I dressed better and acted older. Although his father is dead, I can't help the feeling that Frank is going to find me and kill me. It's an irrational fear that I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

I heard the sound of the gates opening and looked to see Derek walking towards me. A large smile was plastered on his face and I couldn't help but smile to match it. I ran toward him and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. I met my lips with his and he kissed me back with a passion I haven't felt in a long time. The feel of his body against mine again is the only thing I could have ever asked for.

"I've missed you so much." He said after he pulled away. "He ran his fingers through my hair. "It wasn't enough talking to you from the other side of a glass window."

"Let's get as far away from this place as possible."

Derek and I hopped into my car and took off towards the apartment where the both of us will be living from now on. Derek and his mother still don't get along after all of these years, but they're working on it. I begged Derek to give his mother a chance, so that's what he's doing. I can tell that he still blames her, but he's really trying.

"Your place isn't all pink and purple is it, because I'm going to need more masculine colors if it is." He said.

"It's our place, and I have neutral tones, so you don't have to worry." I smiled. "Besides, anything is better than concrete grey."

We arrived at the apartment and headed inside. I tried cleaning up as best I could. I don't want to seem like a slob, and after all, it isn't just my apartment.

"Home sweet home." I said as we entered the apartment. "Two bedrooms, one bathroom, open floor living room and kitchen. How do you like it?"

Derek looked around and I watched him, waiting for a reaction. A wave of relief filled me when a smile spread across his face.

"It's perfect." He said. "Anything outside of that cell is perfect."

He reached towards me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to him. I wrapped my arms around him as he looked down into my eyes.

"But being here with you is better than anything in this world."

He leaned in and met his lips with mine. I leaned into it, wanting more. He deepened the kiss and held me tighter. His hands traveled up my back and tangled into my hair. He moved his lips to my neck and began to trail kisses along my shoulder, moving my shirt as he moved.