Chapter One

Run.

Now where had you seen this before? You didn't know, you couldn't think over the sound of your short breaths coming out in quick puffs as you ran through the thick and dense Slender Woods. From behind you, you could hear the quick footsteps of your oppressor coming behind you. You heard them let out a high shriek, making you let out your own scream of adrenaline and fear.

Using your heightened vision, you could make out the large drop of a cliff. Dead Man's Drop, to be exact. No one knows how far it goes, only that no one ever lives to find out. Smirking to yourself, you kept running towards it with a new word in mind. A word that could mean life or death.

Jump.

And that you did. You jumped off the cliff and fell down, down, down, deeper into the abyss. After a few moments of the wind howling in your ears and the eternal feeling of your stomach flying into your chest, your whole body jerked up with a powerful swish. You thrusted your body up and over the cliff of which you fell, looking down at your opponent's evil masked glare. You smirked, soaring higher above the clouds and out of sight.

You drifted through the air currents and jet streams, enjoying the cool wind that hit your face. The sun was setting and the sky was turning breathtaking shades of orange, pink, and red. You weren't a very sentimental person, but this view could put any Creep to tears. Smiling, you thought of your little chickadee that would love to see it. You mentally promised to yourself to take her up into the sky, but for now, you had to get back to your friends.

You carefully flew down into the trees, being cautious of the bare limbs and branches. Eventually, you heard the voices you were looking for. Four killers: three Proxies and one girl. You landed on the fallen leaves without a sound and listened to their voices talk in moonlight.

"You're alone," Masky's voice fell in the dense silence of the forest.

"Yeah, I am," Jane's voice stated sarcastically at the man.

"Wh-where's Y/N?" Toby asked.

"He jumped off Dead Man's Drop," she answered.

"Why did you let him do that?" Masky asked like a mother that is tired of scolding her child for doing something over and over again.

She placed a hand on her hip. "Need I remind you idiots that he has wings. He flew up as soon as he dropped down," she said.

"You did watch him to make sure he did, right?" Masky clarified. "Because if he's dead at the bottom of a ravine, we're going to have a lot of paperwork to fill out with Slender."

"Relax, I watched him," she looked around the dark forest warily, "he should be back by now, though."

"Awww, th-that's sweet that y-you care," Toby smirked underneath his mouthguard.

"Shut it," she snarled.

"I'm flattered, babe, honestly," your voice came from above them, in the leaves. While they were talking, you had climbed a tree and were currently lounging on one of its thick branches. "But I could go for a rematch."

"What f*cking rematch?" She growled.

"For driving me off that cliff, doll face," you smirked, "that was awfully unkind of you to do so."

She pulled out her knife from her boot. "If it means shutting you up, then fine, let's rematch."

"Excellent," you chuckled. You stood up from the branch, stretching out your long purple wingspan. Along with your wings, your long black claws poked through from your fingernails like a cat and your eyes turned their mesmerizing bloody red. You flashed her an evil, charming smile. "Are you ready to submit to Madness?"

She gripped her knife in her palm. "Let's do this."

You swept down from the tree, trying to knock her down with one of your purple majesties, but she dodged, attempting to slice at them. You pulled your wings back into their slits in your jacket, clawing away at her petite form. It was a battle of swinging and ducking between the two until she did the unbearable. Jane slashed at your arm, missing your skin by an inch. You laughed until you looked back at your arm finding a large gash in your leather jacket.

You fell down to your knees, holding your jacket in your hands and cradling against your chest. "No! Hang on, little buddy, don't you go out on me!" You begged the accessory in your arms.

Occupied by the casualty, you failed to notice the woman that had stood in front of you, holding her knife above your head. "Don't go to sleep," she whispered, "you will never get up."

You caught her wrist as she swung her weapon down on your head. Looking up with unforgiving eyes and a wild, maniacal gaze filling your orbs, you chuckled darkly and said in your demonic voice, "Oh, you're gonna get it now." The fight was on.

***

"Steady," you whispered to yourself, trying your best to concentrate on your task at hand. Sally had let you borrow her sewing kit when she saw your jacket, but it was kind of difficult with the loud noises around you.

"Jane, I am asking you for the final time to hold still," E.J. attempted to dab at Jane's wounds with antiseptic, but she was putting up quite the struggled.

"It f*cking hurts, Jack, cut it out!" She winced.

"It would hurt less if you held still," he said patiently.

Another yelp. A hard slap of skin. You pricked your skin with the needle and sucked in a sharp breath, watching as a small trail of blood trailed down your pointer finger. You waited for the small wound to heal and continued on. E.J. had eventually managed to clean and wrap Jane's arm after several minutes of negotiations and threatening hisses and growls.

Jane cradled her bandaged arm and snapped at E.J. "The next time you come at me with that antiseptic, I'm gonna hurl you into the f*cking sun, got it?"

Jack nodded and packed the first aid kit, putting it back in the kitchen. She looked back at your work and narrowed her eyes underneath her mask. "How's your sewing going, Cinderella?"

"Quite well, thank you," you muttered in concentration. "A few more stitches and I'll be done."

She growled at your answer, resting her arm on the couch. Soon, Sally's little figure thumped down the stairs and stopped in front of you. "You almost done yet, Madness? It's time for me to go to bed," she yawned.

You held up your jacket and smiled in approval. "Done. I can put you to bed, chickadee. Here," you lifted the little girl on your back, draping your newly fixed jacket on her back, and carried the sewing kit up the stairs. "Night, Jane," you whispered, "hope your arm feels better." Your light laughter drowned out her menacing growl as you ascended up the stairs.