Chapter Four

"She's cute," Zalgo smirked, "you know, for your type."

"She's not my girlfriend, Dad," you groaned. "We're just friends."

"Really? I find that hard to believe," he said.

"And why's that?" You asked with as much sarcasm in your voice as possible while turning around to face your seven foot tall father in his demon form. Rain was now pouring down on both of you, but you could honestly care less. You just wanted to go back to the mansion.

"Because of the high respect you regard her with," he said thoughtfully, "and that nickname."

"Babe is just a nickname I tease her with. It's harmless- why am I explaining my love life to you? I don't like you," you said. "And stop with the head pulses."

"I can't control your headaches," he shrugged.

"Yes, you can, old man. You can control these wrecking-ball-of-a-migraine headaches just fine, sir," you growled.

He chuckled. "Guilty. But no, I cannot fix them. How else am I suppose to get through to you?"

"How am I supposed to hear you?" You poked your ear and gestured back to him rather aggressively.

"You're doing just fine now, aren't you?" He smirked.

"Grrrrr, let's just get this over with, so I can go home," you put your hand over your eyes.

"So you're willing to come back? Wow, that was easy," Zalgo chuckled.

"You know what I mean!" You yelled, gripping your head. Calm down, Madness, you thought to yourself, he wants you to get mad. He feeds off of your weakness, remember that. "Please, Father, just leave."

"No, not yet. I have an offer you won't take down," he chuckled.

"Alright, shoot," you crossed your arms over your chest as rain dripped down over you face.

"Come, follow me," he gestured for you to climb up the tree behind him.

"In the rain? We'll get struck by lightning, stupid," you snarled.

"Oh, hush, we'll be fine. Lightning never stopped you, after all," he smirked. You looked up at him with a look of deep annoyance, trying to push back that memory.

"Whatever." You followed after him and climbed to the center of the tree where the leaves haven't come off of its branches yet and it was the driest. Once on a sturdy branch, you sat as far away from Zalgo as possible and let your leg dangle down. "So? What have you prepared for me this time?"

"You're going to love this!" He rubbed his hands together in anticipation. You just rolled your eyes. "I have a solution to your 'arranged marriage' dilemma that was bothering you."

"Oh do you?" You uncrossed your arms from your chest and instead leaned over to rest your head in your hands.

"Yes. When you turned down Rebehka, I ate her soul and found you a new bride," he smiled innocently.

"And... her family didn't mind that you ate their only daughter's soul?" You raised an eyebrow.

"I'm the King, dammit, I can do whatever the hell I want," he huffed. "Anyway, I found a very wealthy and beautiful girl named Leiglon [lae-gh-lon]. She is just your type, Y/N. Even better than that bitch you were protecting earlier."

"Okay, uno, Jane is not a bitch. Dos, she is not my girlfriend. And tres, how do you know what my type is?" You tried to lighten your headache by lightening the mood. "The only women I ever loved were the only two that really cared about me and my well being. And you killed them both."