Chapter Fourteen

"Got'cha!"

"Hey! Watch it!"

"F*cking hell!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"Madness, can we rest now?"

"Nope, five more minutes."

Training had been going surprisingly smoothly than what was expected of the killers. They obeyed your (questionable) orders and did as what was told and each and everytime, they came out flawless. Right now, most of them were sparring and trying to counter one another's moves, while the remaining few ran through an obstacle course all across the forest. You stood on the sidelines laughing and encouraging your soldiers with Slenderman.

"Oh, this is too good," you laughed, wiping a tear from your eye.

"We still need to do real training, my child," Slender peered down at you, "this cannot all be fun and games."

"This is real training," you argued, "just very comical for me."

"Ha! I w-win!" Toby cheered, straddling Clockwork and holding a hatchet at her neck. She blushed a bright red and her breath caught. You smirked and marched over to the two, nudging the goggled man off of her.

"Here," you helped her up and dusted her off while she stared dreamily at Toby. You looked up and chuckled at her obvious crush. You got close to her ear and whispered, "If you want him to notice you, go steal his hatchet." She smirked and ran up behind the man, jumping on his back and yanking his weapon right out of his hands. He yelled in protest and tried to get it back but Clocky took off into the woods before he could. Toby smirked and chased after her, the two's footsteps crunching off into the distance.

You heard two gunshots ring out and instantly turned around, only to be met by Hoodie and Masky sparring off with each other. Masky successfully dodged the bullets coming his way and lept onto the frowny faced man. He held his knife against his neck with a victorious aura around him. "Winner," he whispered with a smirk painting his tone of voice. You smiled at the two and turned to meet another sparring group.

This time it was none other than Jeff and Jane. They both were just standing there motionless as they eyed each other warily. After countless minutes, Jeff sprung. He charged forward and swung at her leg but the masked female moved and swung right back at his arm. He moved his arm right out of the way before throwing a punch with his other hand onto her face. She stumbled back and regained her composure, sweeping her foot under his legs, letting him fall with a groan on the hard, cold ground. She straddled his body and held a knife at his neck. "I win-"

Jeff threw her off of him and kicked the knife right out of her hand, pinning her hands down above her head with one hand and aiming a knife right at her throat just like she had a moment ago. His smirk stretched farther than his carved smile. "I think I f*cking won."

To say the position wasn't compromising would be a lie, because the way he was holding her down and how close their faces were was awfully close for your liking. You smothered your jealous frown with a sturdy look of authority and called all of the Creeps back to you. Excluding the two that had run off.

"Good job today, guys. You really impressed me and Slender. I think we have what it takes to take my old man down," you smirked and they cheered. "Go get some rest, we have an even longer day ahead of us tomorrow." They groaned and trudged back to the house muddy, exhausted, and probably sore. You stood a little while looking far into the dense forest where you knew Opal's grave stood a little farther down. You wanted to see her so badly, but you knew if you did, you would never ever be able to go back. So, you had to wait until the right time; until a certain someone came with you.

***

You were playing Left 4 Dead 2 with Ben on his ps4 and you both were screaming very loudly at the hoard that was coming towards you. His was standing up on the couch in his Legend of Zelda boxers while you lay on your stomach with a pair of pajama pants on, no shirt necessary. Your full wing span was sprawled out over the entire living room floor, not a care in the world crossing your mind.

Oh shit, a Charger.

"Run!" Ben yelled, running backwards in the game and shooting at the Special. You shot at it too, trying to save your friend from the monster. You killed it just in time before it mauled him and you both continued going farther into the level with the computer Ellis and Rochelle following behind.

"C'mon, Rochelle, get a move on, woman!" You barked at the computer character. "We're almost there, Nick."

"I know, Coach, I can see the safe house," Ben grinned. "Almost there..."

"Almost there-"

Snap!

"Holy mother of f*ck!" You threw your controller down and sat up, snatching your left wing up and holding the throbbing end of it. You looked up and saw Jane had accidentally stepped on your wing with her heel. Why the hell was she even wearing heels inside anyway? You muttered a few curses and examined one of the snapped bones. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow..." you muttered.

"Oh my God, Madness, I am so sorry! I didn't see your wings!" Jane crouched down next to you and looked at your bone with you. It was one of the smaller ones at the end that was more tender and fragile. It just snapped. "Are you okay? I am so sorry..."

You could distantly hear Ben groan in aggravation and the DEAD screen flash in the back round, but you payed no mind to it. Sucking in a breath, you popped the tiny bone back into place with a muffled scream of discomfort. "Yeah, it's okay, I'm okay. No worries," you said, standing up and flexing the end of your wing to test it out. Good as new.

You shrugged and made your way into the kitchen to make a cup of tea like Clockwork had a while back for you. You heard her heels clicking against the hardwood behind you and smirked. "I told you it's fine."

"I still feel bad, though," she sighed. She came up next to you and hopped onto the counter next to you. You took a bag of tea from the pantry and placed it next to a mug of cold tap water, which you then put into the microwave to warm up for two and a half minutes. "You sure you're okay? That snap sounded painful."

You shrugged and fluttered your left wing, leaning back against the counter with her, waiting for the microwave to beep and to take out your tea. After a while, you asked, "Hey, do you trust me?"

She turned to face you and nodded hesitantly. "Yes... why?"

You took a deep breath and looked at her masked face. "Would you like to take a walk through the woods tonight? Just you and me. We can walk and talk or whatever... but I want to show you something really important to me," you said. "What do ya say?"

She thought for a moment before nodding again. "Yeah, sure, that sounds... nice," she giggled. You could hear the smile in her voice and that made you smile.

You leaned forward and kissed her masked cheek. "It's a date then," you smirked. The microwave beeped and you took the hot cup of water out and put the tea bag in, slurping on it as you sauntered out of the kitchen, leaving Jane stunned and excited. She touched her cheek that you kissed and smiled under mask, sighing.

"Yeah... a date..." she thought about it for a moment and then gasped. "A DATE?!?"