Chapter Thirteen

Your eyes scanned the skies until they finally landed on a helpless Jane and her kidnapper in the air. Zooming after both of them, you ignored the stinging wind in your eyes and focused on the pleading calls of Jane as her body got carried away by the beast. When you got close enough, you landed a kick on the back of the creature's head, making it jump and immediately drop Jane's body down below into the spiky bare branches of the trees.

Her scream echoed like a gunshot in the silent wind and you tucked your wings, torpedoing down to catch her faster. Her arms reached up to you as she screamed more and more until you thought your ears would bleed. "Y/N, please, save me!" She cried.

You gritted your teeth and gave a another burst of strength to your beloved beauties. The trees were coming closer in your vision and she was about to be impaled by a rather large branch. If she fell, she was dead, and it would be all your fault. Pushing away that awful thought, you reached your arms to meet hers to hopefully grab her soft, callused killing hands. The branch was coming faster; her screams were becoming louder; your body fell harder. Finally, you grasped her small palms and flipped yourselves over so that you could cradle her against your chest and fly upside down and back home.

She gripped your jacket and threw off her mask, crying hysterically into your chest while you attempted to calm her nerves. The ground came closer and closer until eventually you hit it, tucking and rolling for a while landing back in front of the mansion where everyone was waiting nervously and panicked. Jane was now crying from pain and fear, but mostly fear.

You passed her into the arms of E.J., looking back at the figure you hated the most in your life at the moment. "GET OUT!" You yelled. You had no idea how you did it, but you didn't let your enemy see that. The Creeps behind you stood behind you in a state of fear and surprise, even Slender was shocked. Your voice was raspier and deeper (probably from not using it) and it frightened even the beast in front of you.

Your father growled. "I am done playing these games with you, Y/N! I'm preparing my army and I'm preparing for a fight! A fight that will determine whether you have the guts to take me down once and for all! A fight to the death!" He roared. "I will give you a month's time to prepare yourselves. At sunset, our battle shall commence. And you shall prove you are worthy to live or die by my own hand!" He started thrusting his wings higher. "See you then, my son." He flew away and into the forest where the nearest portal laid.

You stood there breathing heavily before you turned around and faced your family. E.J. had already taken Jane inside to probably check for any significant wounds that damaged her. Sally was in L.J. and Ben's care at the door of the household, but all of them were staring at you. You took a few steps towards them before you almost collapsed from exhaustion, letting your wings fall limp by your sides. Fortunately, Masky and Hoodie caught you and pulled your arms over their shoulders, dragging you inside.

They placed you on the couch and soon enough Clockwork was handing you a cup of tea while the others sat around you. Slender came up in front of all of you claiming a family meeting in the house at once.

"Zalgo has informed of his plans and has given us utterly no choice. Either we fight or Madness dies," he spoke. All eyes subtly darted your way; you just looked down at your cup. "In order to take down his army, we need to go through intense training. All kills will be postponed until I say otherwise. I will also start organizing a training schedule that you all must follow. Am I understood, my children?" They all uttered their agreements and nodded. "Good," he finished. "Y/N, how are you feeling."

Now, all of their gazes - masks or none - were all aimed at you. You sat there slumped on the couch, glaring down at your cup until you sighed. "Better than ever," you smirked. All of the Pastas let out yells and whoops of celebration and tackled you in hugs and noogies (letting you put your tea down, of course).

Slender chuckled and nodded. "That is excellent to hear. Since you know our opponent best, I am placing you in charge of creating a formidable plan. Any of the Proxies are at your disposal if needed."

"Captain Madness reporting for duty," you saluted.

"Keep drinking that tea," Clockwork said, "it should help to loosen your throat."

"Thanks," you sipped. "Alright, after I finish my cup of tea-" you sarcastically put your pinky up "-we'll discuss training regimens and battle plans." Everyone agreed with cheerful smiles and high fives. You smiled too, but you were still thinking about Jane. You had to see if she was okay.

***

"There you go," E.J. finished wrapping both of Jane's arms and legs with bandages and gave her some painkillers. "Good as new." She nodded solemnly and kept her head down. The kidney eater sighed and stood up from the ground where he had finished wrapping her ankle. "I'll go tell Slenderman that you're okay."

Jane didn't even watch as he left, she just kept her head down and breathed in and out. She tuned out the low hum of voices one level above her and the slow steady steps of feet coming down the steps. By the time she looked up you had engulfed her in a tight and careful hug. Jane reacted immediately and hugged you back with as much strength as she could muster.

You pulled away and crouched in front of her, holding her sides gently and examining her wounds. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Any broken bones?" Your raspy voice frantically searched for answers.

"You can speak..." she mumbled as you looked her up and down like she was on fire. "... you can speak."

"Is there anything I can do for you? Oh, jeez, I'm so sorry about Zalgo. I promise that he will never lay another finger on you ever again. Jane? Are you there? Say something, please," you rambled.

"You can speak!" She jumped off of the thin mattress and ambushed you in a hug. You fell back against the cold tile with a thud, but held her against your chest. A second later, she felt a warm gentle cocoon embrace her. Looking up, she saw your purple wings encapsulated around her and your gentle smile grazing her face. "You can speak," she blushed.

"Yes, I can," you chuckled. Your fingers brushed a piece of her black hair behind her ear and slowly travelled down her back to rest at her tailbone. "And I have no one, but you to thank for it."

She sat up against your chest in disbelief. "What? M-me, how?"

You held her in place and smiled. "People can do unimaginable things when love is on the line."

Jane rested her head back down on yout chest and sighed. "I'm glad you're back."

You chuckled. "I was always here," you said, "just a little different for a long time."