Chapter Nine

Jane and the others tried to maintain their normal lives and ignore the longing for your voice or laugh in the house. They tried to continue killing without feeling a sense of regret for their victims. They all tried so hard to not worry about you. How could they? You were in Jack's lab, you were in the safest hands ever. He would fix you and everything would be okay again.

That's what they told themselves for the first week and the second week and the third week. It's been almost a month now and you're still comatose. E.J. had explained that blood loss needed a lot of time to heal from and, so the Creeps gave him the time and space they needed. But they were getting restless; they wanted their friend back and they wanted him now.

After a month or so, E.J. had officially stated that you were stable enough to have other Creeps visit you even in your comatose state. Surprisingly, most of them didn't go down, although some of them couldn't. Since you were out of commission, Ben and L.J. had to take your role as big brothers again for Sally and it was hard for them. It was hard to put on a smile for the girl and tell her that you were fine. Because they didn't know.

Clockwork refused to go there and see your face. She blamed herself for driving out Jane and she couldn't even speak to her best friend for a week. Toby stayed upstairs with Clocky and that left Masky, Hoodie, and Jane. The three of them trudged down the dark stairwell and down the hallway until they made it to you. Jane entered first and immediately broke down in tears at the sight of you.

There on the bed, you were attached to all types of machines. Heart moniter, I.V.'s, and an oxygen tank was going through you. She could see the tubes in your throat where air travelled through. She saw the stitches on on your neck and the bloody bandages on your shoulder. She saw your bare chest rise and fall weakly as if it was a struggle to stay alive. Which it probably was.

Masky and Hoodie did their best to calm her sobs and even Jeff came over and gave her a hug. She gratefully hugged back and cried into his hoodie after taking off her mask. The thing she hated doing most was taking off her mask, especially in front of Jeff, but she did and he didn't laugh or tease. He calmly held the girl in a very brotherly embrace whispering reassuring words of comfort.

"Hey, hey, hey," Jeff petted her hair. "He's alright, Jane, I f*cking swear my life on it. Y/N's okay, he just needs time to heal. We just need to give him more time." She nodded and continued to cry into his chest.

"How bad is it, Jack?" Masky whispered to the doctor of the house. Hoodie followed him occasionally glancing over at the other two killers.

"It's fine... he's fine," he said looking down at you, "it's just like Jeff said. We need to give him time. That's all we can do at this point. I'm just worried about..."

"About what?" Jeff asked. Jane looked up a little bit but kept her face hidden in his hoodie.

"His throat. The cuts went deep almost to his vocal cords. One of them actually managed to scrape a few," Jack said.

"What are you trying to say?" Masky stepped back a bit.

He sighed. "I can't guarantee that when Y/N wakes up, he'll be able to speak."

***

"You are sad, Sally," Mr. Oglaz said. "What is wrong?"

"One of the Pastas are hurt badly," she pouted. "Everyone is really worried about him, but they won't tell me what's wrong."

"Oh? Which one?" He sipped the water in the plastic cup.

"His name is Prince of Madness," she answered.

He spit the water out. Sally squealed and scooted back from him. "W-what?"