Chapter Eight

Jane panted and wheezed while she lugged your unconscious body back home to the mansion. She had been carrying you army style on her back for a couple of hours now, not giving herself a break. Your body had used all of the energy it had to heal your throat, but the wound still slowly oozed with purple liquid. Your breath was very faint and choppy that Jane almost thought you were dead a few times.

But she kept going. She continued walking and kept walking until she finally saw the mansion steps in the early dawn lit sky with her superior vision. Taking the deepest breath she could handle, she trudged her way to the front door. Kicking it open with her bare foot (she left her tedious heels a while ago), she called for any of the Creeps. The few of them in the living room looked up and blanched at the sight of you both.

"E.J.! Guys! It's Y/N, he's hurt!" She fell hard on her knees, carefully rolling your body on the hard wood floor. Her body was about to give out on her from exhaustion, she could feel it.

E.J., Masky, Hoodie, and Jeff jumped up from the couch running over to your body and Jane's. Jack rolled your body to the front and saw the long, deep cuts in your throat and gasped. Masky and Hoodie assisted Jane and helped her catch her breath, but it was no good. "Jane, what happened?"

Clockwork and Toby came next down the stairs and both of them going over to their friends. "W-woah..."

"Jane!" Clockwork held her best friend in her arms. "I'm so sorry."

"Who attacked you?" Masky asked.

"Jack?" She gasped. "Please, is he going to be okay? I need to know."

E.J. looked up at Jeff and both of them picked up your body and said nothing. They ran down to the lab, ordering Toby to tell Slenderman of the current events. He didn't question why like last time and instead hurried to tell him. The last thing Jane saw was your limp head before she passed out.

Masky and Hoodie took the liberty upon themselves to put the girl to sleep and let her rest and regain her energy. So, carefully and gently the two remaining Proxies carried Jane to her room and put her to bed. Clockwork followed the two and decided to clean Jane up from her journey. She took a washcloth and a bucket of water with soap and gently scrubbed the girl's legs and cuts and bruises, covering them in bandages.

When all was done, she carefully took off the woman's mask and covered her body with a blanket. "I'm sorry, Jane. Rest, okay?" She whispered.

The moment she woke, however, rest was far from her mind. It was probably late afternoon when she did awake and she ran down the stairs and saw most of the Pastas murmuring quietly to each other. Jeff and Jack were still down in the lab and poor L.J. and Ben had to be caught up about what happened.

"Guys?" They turned to look her on the stairs and tensed. "Is... is Y/N alright?"

They looked at each other in panic as if to say, "who's gonna tell her?" She made it down all the way down and said firmly, "Tell. Me."

"Jane... sit down," Clockwork guided the woman over to the couch and sat down next to her, the rest following in various seats.

"Clocky? What's wrong, please, I need to know," she begged the girl bit her lips remained sealed tight from answers.

"Jane," Masky took his turn and cupped the girl's knee gently, "you need to tell us what happened, first. What happened in the woods?"

"We were attacked by the Rake." She proceeded to tell the whole current of events that lead to your throat being tore up. "... when I turned around, he was clutching his throat as purple gushed out of it like a sick waterfall. He instantly broke down and started choking, so I threw my heels off, put him on my back, and headed home."

"You left your heels?" Clockwork whispered. "But I gave you those heels for Christmas..."

"It was a different pair, I promise," Jane pacified her friend. "Now, will someone please tell if our friend is dead or not?"

"He's not dead... anymore," Hoodie mumbled.

She paused and turned her head to look at the red stitched frown. "What?" She growled. "What do you mean 'anymore'?"

"Listen, we-"

"Why are you guys being so secretive with me? Guys, c'mon, you're... you're scaring me," she shook. It wasn't a violent shake, but it was evident to show her fear. "Please."

"Jane... Y/N's heart stopped," Masky said as gently as he could. Her body stopped shaking and she froze. "You didn't realize how severe his injuries were and by the time Jack and Jeff got down there, he only had a small amount of blood left, he..." he sighed.

"B-but, you said that he's not dead anymore. So, he's still alive, right?" She gulped.

"Alive is not the best term I would put it in, but he's definitely stable. Jack had to put a tube in his throat to make sure he could properly breathe while he stitched the claw marks," the masked male said.

"We're sorry we didn't tell you right away," Clockwork's voice cracked as she spoke and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"We didn't know how you would react," L.J. said with no laughter at the end of his sentence, something that frightened the girl even more.

"We d-didn't know h-how to r-react," Toby said, hugging Clockwork around the shoulder and letting her bury her face in his neck.

"It came as a huge shock," Ben sighed. "Jeff just came up here and ran to Slenderman and told him that Madness had died. A moment after that, E.J. called for Jeff again and turns out, his heart had somehow started beating without even an adrenaline rush. It was slow, but it was enough. Jack put the tubes in and the two of them have been down there ever since."

"We say this to you because we want you to know that's Y/N's okay, but the situation is a lot more intense than what you might've presumed. Hell, we all thought he'd be running around by now..." Masky laughed bitterly.

She leaned on his shoulder and took a deep breath in and a deep breath out. "Thanks for telling me."

***

You had died; you knew that; you felt that. You heard Paradise's crystal waterfalls splash and the happy people cheer, but you couldn't open your eyes. It was just a blank white canvas. After a long time, you felt two hands take yours and you opened your eyes to see your one true love and beauty. Opal.

Opal in her flowing white robes and her platinum white hair along with her purple opal eyes made you stand frozen longer than you intended to. She opened her arms out to you and you stepped closer and grabbed her hands, pulling her for the longest and deepest hug you have ever hugged anyone with.

Stepping away from her, you tried to speak, but you failed and resulted in only a harsh cough. She smiled sadly and held your hands. "You can't stay here, Y/N," she said. You gave her a puzzled look and held her small hands tighter in yours. "I know, you want to stay here with me, but you mustn't. You're family needs you. Paradise isn't ready for you yet..."

You cupped both of her cheeks and pulled her face towards yours for a kiss. She gladly closed the gap and held your hands on her face. You kissed her desperately and that eventually resulted in dipping her almost onto the floor. When you lifted her back up, she hugged you a final time walked through the blank space and into Paradise. You heard her voice one final time before falling into the deep, dark depths of your mind:

"You're your mother's son..."