Chapter Five

You only have two types of dreams: darkness or omens. The darkness is usually the most common type of dream. A dream where you just float in blank space and just unwind. These dreams were what maintained your madness and kept your insanity in check. Like all of the Pastas, you needed time to take a deep breath and be as normal as you could get.

But every once in a while, you would receive a warning from the depths of your soul and it would come to you in the form of a dream. You didn't know where they came from or who sent these visions to you, but you were always sure to pay close attention to the message that you receive. Often, it would be the night before your father would make his appearence. Other times, it was a just a friendly reminder to be careful when you were about to seriously screw something up.

But right now, you dreamt of darkness and let your mind unwind. You peered into the black abyss and saw two red eyes. Unusual. You didn't think about your red eyes, so how could an image of them appear? Wait... that eye shape... it wasn't yours.

"Get out of my head!" You screamed at the eyes. The eyes slowly started to fade away and you were slowly regaining consciousness. You felt a large hand shake your shoulder gently.

"Y/N, you awake?" E.J. said lightly.

Groaning, you flipped to the other side of the bed. "No," you mumbled.

"C'mon, I got you some medicine for your head," he chuckled.

You groaned again, sitting up and glaring sleepily at the kidney eater. You blinked once and clicked your tongue to the roof of your mouth. "Can I help you?"

"Medicine. Now," he placed a bottle of pills and glass of water in your hands.

"Thanks," you deadpanned. Taking the pills and tossing them back to the killer, you layed back down and thought about those stupid red eyes you inherited from Zalgo. "Any kills today?"

"Me and Clockwork have to go out tonight. Hoodie has to put up a few pages," he answered, putting the pills back in his pocket. "Nothing for you, Madness."

"Sweet," you smirked.

"I'll leave you to do whatever your doing," he waved his hand in your general area.

"Thanks for the drugs," you grinned.

"Anytime," he shut the door, but you could hear the smirk in his voice. You yawned and pulled your blankets back over your face for the next three hours until noon. And all you saw was the darkness again.

The next time you woke up, you got dressed and went downstairs to join some of the other Creeps by the T.V. where they were watching the news. It was the kill that you and Jane handled actually. The family's corpses looked even more grotesque in the daylight. Jane looked over to you and laughed once.

"Well, well, well... have a nice rest, Sleeping Beauty? Did you finally find a prince to wake you?" The masked girl asked.

"Yup," you smirked, "and he's sitting right here. Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah..." You closed your eyes and puckered your lips pretending to come in for a kiss.

You felt a hand clamp over your lips and heeled shoe make contact with your neck in a threatening way. "One more step and this heel is going right into your larynx, Madness," she snarled.

You laugh came out muffled against her hand and you resulted in stepping away from the girl, only to quietly sit next to her, hoping to not aggrivate her more. She resumed watching the television when Clockwork let out an impressed exclamation.