Chapter Three

"I mean, if I had just reacted to that vase a little quicker, than I could've suffocated her with my death grip," you clenched your fingers to make a small "O" with your hands.

"It's behind you now, there's nothing you can do about it," Jane tucked her knife in her black jacket.

The mission today was simple, really. You were told to just kill a husband, wife, and a teenage girl. What you both didn't know, was that the teenage girl wasn't home tonight. So, you continued with the murder, choking and slicing the couple's throats, until the front door opened.

The poor girl didn't know what to do and in her fearful and shocked state, she screamed like a banshee and threw a vase at your head. You ducked, missing the clay vessel, but in so, got the corner of a painting frame to slice your cheek. When you got hit, Jane didn't hesitate to slice the girl's neck open and whisper her infamous catchphrase while watching the life drain from her eyes.

Sirens surrounded the front of the house, so you and Jane fled through the back door and into the woods. It took you both a while, but you eventually lost the police. "Thanks again for taking the chick down. I owe you one."

"Don't mention it," Jane shrugged off your compliment. You stuck your hands in your jacket pocket and walked along side her. "But about the vase... why didn't you just dodge and claw? That tends to be your go to system when you kill, right? Why not today?"

To be honest, you had a bad feeling about tonight when Jane first came up to you. You haven't thought about the night you left the Underealm in several months. And the last time you did your father came to see you again... oh shit. It's been a few months since he came to talk you back into coming home. He was sending you a warning. Ohhhhhh, shi-

"Y/N? Hello?" Jane waved her hand over your face.

You blinked and looked back her masked face. "W-what? Sorry, I guess I zoned out again, huh?"

"What's wrong with you, man, you've been spacing out all night. Is that why you didn't-"

-Great, here comes the headache, you thought.

"-react at all to the vase?" She cupped your cheek like a mother would her child and you winced at the contact on your freshly opened wound.

You pulled her soft hand off and gave your most convincing reassuring smile while ignoring the pounding in your head. "I'm fine, babe. The blood stopped and now it's healing properly."

Snap! Snap! Crunch!

"What was that?" Jane whipped her head around in the direction of the noises.

Oh, shit. "It's probably just an animal, Jane. We're in the forest after all, there's going to be wildlife," you chuckled nervously.

Crunch! Crunch! Chuckle...

"That was no animal, Y/N," she whispered.

Ohhhhhhh, shit. Madness, you have messed up, my dude, you thought to yourself, squeezing your eyes shut. "Jane... do you trust me?"

She stepped away from you. "If you're trying to make an Aladdin reference, it's not funny. I'm supposed to tease you, not the other way around."

"I'm being serious, Jane, please, do you trust me?" You asked her again.

She hesitated. "Yes."

"Then stay behind me," you gently pushed her behind your tall figure.

"Y/N, what's going on?" She whisper-yelled at you.

"Nothing you need to worry about, dearie," a deep and uncomfortably alluring voice came from the trees. "This is really nothing of your concern unless..."

"Unless nothing, you coward," you seethed.

First a smile appeared in the darkness and then two red eyes identical to your own when you got mad. Incoming thunder roared above you, startling Jane making you grip her arm reassuringly behind you. "Now, son, that is no way to talk to your father."

Jane gasped silently. "Zalgo," she whispered.

"Don't be scared, he can smell fear," you whispered back.

"You bet your ass I can, boy," Zalgo chuckled. "And it's coming from your direction."

You didn't blame Jane for being afraid. Usually when your father visited, the Proxies were with you at the time and they could stand their ground. One of them would leave and tell Slenderman while the other two stood with you. Jane may be one hell of a killer, but she's still a lady and you were raised to always protect the women first. You knew in this day and age it sounded sexist, but it was really just... chivalrous. Women were to be treated with respect and if Jane got hurt by your dad, you would never forgive yourself.

You had to get her out of here. "Jane, run."

"What?" She hissed back to you. "And leave you with him? I don't think so, Y/N."

"Jane, please, I'll be alright. Go and tell Hoodie and Masky that I had to handle some business on the way back. They'll know what I'm talking about," you looked down at your watch that Clockwork actually gave you. It read, 12:23. "Hurry, before they get worried."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" she asked.

You smirked, hiding your uncertainty as to not scare her even more. "I'll be fine, babe." She didn't growl of hiss at you, all she did was nod. She looked back at the red eyes of Zalgo and then you before running to go find the other two killers. "At least she's safe now."

"What was that, son?" Your father smirked.

"Shut UP, Dad!"

Hello! I know this chapter was shorter than the previous ones, but I also wanted to end the serious state of the situation with a bit of comedy. Gonna keep writing now... read my oneshot book! Okay, bye!

-SquishySmithIII