Chapter Ten

"Woah, woah, woah! What the hell are these!" E.J. looked mortified at the sight of Sally's bruises.

"What the f*ck happened?" Jeff asked. "I swear when Slender finds out what you dipshits did, he's going to rip-"

"We didn't do anything!" Ben put his hands up.

"Then how the f*ck do you explain these hand prints on her shoulders!" Jeff boomed.

"It was her 'imaginary friend'," Clockwork came into the kitchen, "Mr. Oglaz."

"You c-call those b-b-bruises imaginary?" Toby asked.

"I never said he was imaginary!" Sally whined. "All I said was that I made a new friend..."

"Why didn't you tell us about him?" Masky tilted his head to the side.

"I did! I told Jane," she whispered.

"What's going on here, children?" Slenderman walked into the kitchen where all of the ruckus was sounding from. Everyone hushed and stared at the master in a guilty sort of way. "What is the issue?"

"We think someone is using Sally to get to us," Masky answered.

"Do explain, Sally," he pressed on.

"A month ago, a man knocked on my window when I was sleeping. I let him in-"

"Why?" Slender asked.

"Sals, he was a stranger. We don't talk to f*cking strangers!" Jeff barked.

"I know, but he seemed so nice! He smiled and asked for a cup of tea and..." she looked away.

"And?" E.J. prodded, wrapping her arms in bandages.

"And he said he wanted to stay with me in secret. I asked him why and he said it was complicated," she sighed.

"What is his name?" Slender asked.

They all looked to her for an answer. Her eyes started to water and tiny tears dripped down her cheeks. She hastily wiped them away and said, "Mr. Oglaz."

"O-Oglaz? What t-type of a n-name is th-that?" Toby asked.

"The type of name someone uses to disguise themselves," Slender said. "Continue on."

"Today, he came back and noticed that I was sad. He asked me why and I said one us is hurt really badly. Then he asked which one and I answered Prince of Madness. That's when he started freaking out and grabbed my shoulders and hurt me," she whimpered.

"Jeff," Slender seethed, "you and Toby go nail the window shut. Now."

"On it," he said, grabbing the hatchet man by the collar and pulling him towards the supply closet to grab a toolbox.

"Why did he freak out about Y/N?" Ben asked.

"Maybe Zalgo sent a spy to find us," L.J. chuckled.

"The mansion cannot be reached to none other than a Creepypasta," Masky said.

"Or worse..." E.J. stared out to everyone. "Maybe Zalgo sent himself."

***

After Opal left, your "body" fell down and you landed in darkness. You were back in your mind. The best part, Opal was there waiting for you. She smiled kindly and brushed back a piece of her long platinum hair behind her ear. 'Where am I?' You tried to say, but nothing came out but a cough.

"You can't speak, my dear. You're physical body is wounded very badly, so I am keeping your mental body safe inside of your mind. I don't want you to be scared. You'll only be here for a little while," she laughed bitterly. "Isn't it sad? How I cannot respond when you visit me in the mortal world and you cannot speak to me in your own mind. Life is truly unfair."

You rolled your eyes and mouthed, 'Tell me about it'. She laughed her glorious rich laugh and sat down on her knees. She waved you over and you came and sat down right in front of her. She held your hands like before and closed her eyes. Suddenly, the darkness in your mind turned to purples, greens, blues, and pinks. Your mouth dropped as you awed at the marvelous sight.

She opened her eyes and smiled sadly. "You were miserable for so long without me that your mind created this void to trap you in. I thought the place needed some color," she giggled.

You smiled and kissed her cheek. It was a slow, loving kiss that slowly went down her neck and to her collarbone. She sighed deeply and grabbed your head, whispering, "Y/N, we mustn't."

You looked up and tilted your head to the side. "I shall kiss you this once." You nodded and pressed your lips to hers, encapturing them in tender passion. She wrapped her arms around your neck and you gripped her waist, pulling her on top of you. Her hair casted a veil over you as your tongues danced with each other. Your hands travelled up to hold her upper back as she braced herself on your chest.

Pulling away, she gasped for air. "I never could hold as much air as you, Y/N."

You smiled.

"But I know it isn't I you desire," she said.

You frowned.

You shook your head and looked for any explanation in her expression. She got up from on top of you and helped you up. "Would you like to see her?" She asked, holding out her hand. You hesitantly accepted and looked to where she was facing. A large square like a projection showed in front of you, giving you a clear image of Jane holding your hand and her face dripping with tears. She was pleading and begging you to wake up and come back home. Your face fell and you let go of Opal's hand for the first time in your life. You strided towards the projection and felt it with your palm.

"She loves you, Y/N," Opal smiled sincerely. "And I have no doubt that you feel the same way." Your eyes widened and you shook your head, mouthing, 'I love you! I love you!' over and over again. She held up her hand and you stopped. "Darling, you must let me go. You cannot let me keep you away from another."

You tried to hold Opal and hug her, but she stepped back. "I know you love me, but that doesn't mean you cannot love another just as much. Ever since I died, I have watched you from Paradise along with M/N (mom's name). We have watched you grow away from your father and make your own life; go your own path, if you will. Your love for us in your heart gave us the will to send you signs and omens to help you on your journey."

She held your hands again and smiled brighter than the sun. "Now, it is time for you to love her as you loved me. It is time for you to be free." Her body started to glow with a heavenly shine and she started ascending back into Paradise. "Tell her about me. Tell her about M/N. I love you, darling, and I'll miss you."

You sat down in your new mind colors and closed your eyes. Opal was right, you needed to move on. You needed to give someone else love who truly needed it. Jane loved you. And suddenly, you realized that you loved Jane. But now was not the time to stir. You needed to rest before you came back. You needed time.